Support VWWC

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    I can say it is activated and working in OZ... From my experience, when I had ACC active with Lane departure assist (green light on),the car automatically stops when I reach very slow traffic (on a highway exit for example)... I have noticed that the greenlight turns amber and "ACC Ready" message appears on maxidot screen... When traffic starts moving, my car start following and steering along the highway... That's all I can remember
    Oh ok, so yours does steer at low speeds then even with the Amber light on?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Oh ok, so yours does steer at low speeds then even with the Amber light on?

I believe that is correct...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hmmm.... I just assumed tere would be an indication it had control (or was assisting at least) the steering - like with a green lane assist light.

clearly more experimentation on my part is required...

Users Country Flag
    Hmmm.... I just assumed tere would be an indication it had control (or was assisting at least) the steering - like with a green lane assist light.

clearly more experimentation on my part is required...

I thought so as well, I just couldn't find any setting to enable it... And then I discovered it by coincidence on the way from Sydney to Port Macquarie

Users Country Flag
    So far I've not come across anyone successfully using the system in OZ (i.e. the light going green) below 65kph. I believe (though I could be mistaken) that there have been instances where i've driven the same stretch of the road above 65kph where it has gone green, and below 65 where it has stayed orange which indicates to me that it does not activate at those low speeds. From what I can gather, I think this means that our 'traffic jam assist' is not actually properly activated in Oz even though the brochure indicates it should be.
    Absolutly agree with you Enobar. After double checking my setting as per 2009fsi suggested, mine is behaving exactly the same as yours, has done since I picked it a month ago. My vehicle was built Jan 2017 and delivered here in April. Not sure on your build/year, but I think it's mid last year. Strange that both cars are running the same software 6+ months apart. Maybe this issue is only related to the 206 version.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post
    Absolutly agree with you Enobar. After double checking my setting as per 2009fsi suggested, mine is behaving exactly the same as yours, has done since I picked it a month ago. My vehicle was built Jan 2017 and delivered here in April. Not sure on your build/year, but I think it's mid last year. Strange that both cars are running the same software 6+ months apart. Maybe this issue is only related to the 206 version.

Mine is 206.

Users Country Flag
    Enobar & Vexed, are you guys running the same software/hardware as I am??
    Traffic Jam Assist-img_0240-jpg
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag
    Here is My Jan 2016 Built 140TDI Wagon with Tech/Comfort Pack in traffic jam assist mode with ACC and Lane Assist active at 50kmh.

Traffic Jam Assist-img_5862-jpg
    Candy White 3T Superb Elegance Combi 2.0 TDI DSG Paddles shift's, Elecy Taigate, Towbar, 9W7 bluetooth, t20 tints, matts and flaps

Business Grey NP 140TDI Superb Combi with Tech & Comfort Packs, towbar and rubber matts

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dec76 View Post
    Here is My Jan 2016 Built 140TDI Wagon with Tech/Comfort Pack in traffic jam assist mode with ACC and Lane Assist active at 50kmh.
    Traffic Jam Assist-img_5862-jpg
    Well, it looks like Enobar and myself have a visit coming up at the dealer. Will be interesting to see what they have to say.
    dec 76, are you running the same hardware (H50) and software (0836) ?????

This is interesting.
    I would like to know the hardware and software version as well.

@dec76
    Could you please let us know your situation?
    situation 1. Did you drive along the freeway with ACC active (green) and line assist (green) set to 100km and then you've got traffic jam then you set ACC speed to 50km but the lane assist still green? or

Situation 2. Was this drive in the normal road on the right side of the two lanes? you just set ACC speed as 50km and line assist (green) as well.
    note: because sometimes on the normal road, line assist doesn't detect the left side especially if you drive on the left next to the kerb.

or different situation??

I can turn on/activate ACC (green) less than 60km but the lane assist shows orange color. I normally drive on the left side next to the kerb.

edit: mine Aug 2016 build superb wagon 162tsi tech pack.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast