Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vcds changes

Users Country Flag

Vcds changes

So, I went and bought a VCDS cable so I could get in and tinker with stuff and so far I have;

*Enabled the traffic button (thanks BlueSup)
    *enabled high beam assist (and it works brilliantly)
    *given myself the option of turning my drls on/off from the infotainment menu (which will come in handy next time I'm at the drive through...)
    *given myself the option of turning on/off the chirping when locking function - though curiously it does not chirp when unlocking)
    *changed my coming home/leaving home lights to the fogs lights instead of low beams (which coincides with my ordering led bulbs for the dogs)
    *enabling the quantity of fuel needed to refill in maxi dot display (not really overly useful but why not...)
    *traffic sign recognition

Anyone else done some changes?

im not sure I'll keep the TSR - it turns out you can either have speed displayed in the navy screen OR TSR but not both... so which would you choose?

Users Country Flag
    It's fun making the changes, and feels a little naughty.
    What sources are you using for the changes?
    A few I have found good are:
    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

And

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...ed-and-tested/

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    i've been using the one from Briskoda but hadn't looked at the Golf thread. One thing i'd like to do is rain closing but I gather its not possible or I'm sure it would have popped up on Briskoda. There is instructions in that Golf thread though... so probably worth a bash.

Users Country Flag
    I couldn't get the TSR to work on mine. The coding seemed way off on a few of the steps.
    I used this site for the window/sunroof stuff (https://sites.google.com/a/naturalne...dow-open-close)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    So, I went and bought a VCDS cable so I could get in and tinker with stuff and so far I have;

*Enabled the traffic button (thanks BlueSup)
    *enabled high beam assist (and it works brilliantly)
    *given myself the option of turning my drls on/off from the infotainment menu (which will come in handy next time I'm at the drive through...)
    *given myself the option of turning on/off the chirping when locking function - though curiously it does not chirp when unlocking)
    *changed my coming home/leaving home lights to the fogs lights instead of low beams (which coincides with my ordering led bulbs for the dogs)
    *enabling the quantity of fuel needed to refill in maxi dot display (not really overly useful but why not...)
    *traffic sign recognition

Anyone else done some changes?

im not sure I'll keep the TSR - it turns out you can either have speed displayed in the navy screen OR TSR but not both... so which would you choose?
    Enobar, what brand on VCDS cable did you buy. Also did it come with all the software required?
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag
    Although it is in a B8 Passat, all the coding is the same as the Skoda but unfortunately I can not get the High Beam Assist working

So was able to get some assistance today with a Ross Tech VCDS Ver. 17.13 and we were able to activate the following;
    - Instrument Gauge Cluster Sweep - neat...
    - Restore Fan Speed indicator in "AUTO" mode - neat...
    - Increased Sensitivity of the Throttle Pedal - AMAZING!!! This has made such a difference!
    - Auto Hold Release Speed - Very Good!!! and in conjunction with the throttle pedal mod I can now drive with Auto Hold and it just drives away seamlessly!!!

We were unbale to do the following though;
    - Activate High Beam Assist -I need this!!!
    - Sat Nav Nag Screen
    - Increase indicator from 3 to 4 blinks

Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input. At this point we did not want to cause an issues so we left it as is.

Is there anyone in Brisbane (or surrounds) that has the knowledge with Long Coding to get the above working for me?
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post
    Enobar, what brand on VCDS cable did you buy. Also did it come with all the software required?

Ross-tech. I've seen some horror stories of people using copies - either buy a real one or borrow, but don't trash your car with a copy - except for the OBD11 which is more limited but also quite good apparently

Users Country Flag
    Enobar - would u mind sharing the coding for:-
    1. Enabling high beam assist
    2. Changing CH/LH to use fog lights instead of low beams.

Please 🙂

Users Country Flag
    Also, is it possible to code "video-in-motion"?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    Whenever we were in Controller A5 (07 - Coding) it would not accept without stating that we needed to exit / re-try or attempt to manually input.
    Mine fails to read any coding for Controller A5 as well. It comes up all zeros.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast