Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superb Spec Sheet / Tech Data?

Users Country Flag

Try this link. Might be of use.Superb vs Arteon - Skoda Superb Mk III - BRISKODA
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rsp8 View Post
    I just picked up my Sportline, it does NOT appear to have the Qi charger (MY1 although the MY17 I test drove did. Might explain why it’s gone from the brochure. Infotainment screen is way better though.
    Far out. Looks like it has been removed from the MY18 models... I just found this after reading your post.
    MY18 Superb Random Queries - Skoda Superb Mk III - BRISKODA

And if you scroll down - you'll see someone else posted a pic from an MY17 model where the rubber mat has the "Qi" logo. Looks like I need to update my spreadsheet in the Arteon thread.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Whilst you're updating your spreadsheet, the MY18 I just picked up does NOT have DAB audio, just FM and AM. tbh I'm not sure if the MY17 I test drove did have it, but if it did this would be a cynical move to differentiate the Arteon.
    I'm not bothered about wireless charging, but I'm assuming that also indicates the 'phone box' is gone and therefore the signal amplification too - which I am bothered about, this was a feature I liked.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Wow ok. I really thought the Superb's did come with DAB+ audio - I swear that's what the dealer told me when I was looking at the car. But I just went back through the printed brochure I have here and the online ones...and yeah you're right - it doesn't mention it at all.

I'll update the spreadsheet.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rsp8 View Post
    I'm not bothered about wireless charging, but I'm assuming that also indicates the 'phone box' is gone and therefore the signal amplification too - which I am bothered about, this was a feature I liked.
    apparaently there is some legal issue with Skoda using signal amplication devices in australia.
    so the fix is to disable it on cars with it existing, and new models to not get it all.
    this might have had an effect on the Qi Wireless Charger, as a result.

i still have Qi Charging on my MY17 Superb. as for phone signal amplication - i never saw a significant difference with the phone signal, be it in or out of the phonebox.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Wow ok. I really thought the Superb's did come with DAB+ audio - I swear that's what the dealer told me when I was looking at the car. But I just went back through the printed brochure I have here and the online ones...and yeah you're right - it doesn't mention it at all.
    it does.....in overseas models though.
    VW Aus decided that Australian customers don't need DAB+ radio in their Superbs.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 04-12-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for clarifying, I'm actually less put out if the phone box makes no difference, wireless charging isn't a deal breaker until wireless airplay is implemented. For now, I'm still trying to work everything else out. Assuming the AU models don't get the ability to connect the infotainment up to wifi either
    There are many, many things in the owner manual that are not standard or optional in this top-spec model.

Users Country Flag
    I looked at the Surperb and its a great value for money prop. However, the deal breaker was the lack of a 360 surround camera. My Arteon has 20" wheels, which after 2 months of Brisbane CBD car parks would look royally chewed up by now. Its a magnificence must have for a big car with spoilers and big mag wheels. Second breaker was the cruise control on a stick. Everybody is now putting it on the steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Second breaker was the cruise control on a stick. Everybody is now putting it on the steering wheel.

Having owned the previous Superb and now a new Tiguan and experiencing both types I must say I prefer the one on the end of the stick. It is much more intuitive and you absolutely never have to look to see which button is being pressed.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Having owned the previous Superb and now a new Tiguan and experiencing both types I must say I prefer the one on the end of the stick. It is much more intuitive and you absolutely never have to look to see which button is being pressed.
    My last 2 cars had it on the wheel so im used to it as a result. Everyones different.i just hit resume and then toggle the km up to the desired speed via the + button. I like how this is set up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12