Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Superb Reversing Camera RVC

Users Country Flag

Looks good mate. Good to see you had a crack. I know all about this as I installed exactly the same camera on my R36 wagon. Getting through the area where the hinge is turned out to be bigger than you know what, but I eventually got there. The new superb's look alright. Wouldn't mind getting the missus one when they come onto the second hand market.
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Users Country Flag
    I installed an Audi A1 RVC in my Octavia, meant I didn't have to cut anything from the existing boot handle hole. Not sure if this would be same size as the one in the Superb...but the RVC I got initially was too big and would have required a bit of Dremel work.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Great pics... thanks for posting them
    2009 Skoda Superb Sedan - 3T ELEGANCE DSG FWD 7 Speed - 148kw 290nM (thank you Northside Eurpopean Mitchell ACT 02+ 6241 1111) 1.8 TSI...114,987km

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Here are a few more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Superb Reversing Camera RVC-thumb_img_3537_1024-jpg   Superb Reversing Camera RVC-thumb_img_3539_1024-jpg  

Superb Reversing Camera RVC-thumb_img_3540_1024-jpg   Superb Reversing Camera RVC-thumb_img_3541_1024-jpg  

Last edited by S28; 31-07-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Users Country Flag
    On the wild assumption that it works the same way as the VW versions...

The lowline kit (which is what you have here) is essentially a camera that plugs into your head unit, the coding simply tells it that it's there and to switch to that view when you're in reverse.
    On the Golf there is three wires, power, ground and a trigger wire. It looks like the same three wires in that eBay link so it looks to be the same sort of setup.

Other than running it through, it's pretty simple to install and I highly encourage people to give it a bash yourself!
    I did my write up a couple of years ago into a Cab, but it's essentially the same thing:
    Success! RVC install into MK6 Cab :)

The highline kit comes with a whole extra box in between that also connects to the CANBUS. It's not really any harder to install but it gives you the turn-ey lines IF your steering wheel has the bits to allow that to work. I've only installed that once into a Amarok which as it turn out did have the required bits, but it's something worth looking into before you drop the extra cash.

From all I understand it's impossible to calibrate the lines correctly either through VCDS or even at the dealership for a retro fitted system. Mind you I haven't ever had the opportunity to compare a calibrated factory install vs a DIY job. so I don't know how accurate (or not) the lines would be.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Really old thread I know, but I just installed one of these in my Gen2 Superb, and it works great. The missus is very pleased.

I followed S28's guide as well as this video. I also designed and 3D printed a bracket to hold it in place, see here. Hope it can be helpful to somebody and inspire others to give it a try.
    Superb Reversing Camera RVC-20180902_134658-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12