Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Headlights in Skoda Superb MY16 and MY17

Smart Headlights in Skoda Superb MY16 and MY17

Does the current models of the Skoda Superb have Bi Xenons with AFS and/or DLA.

In short AFS is the headlights lighting up the corners whereas DLA is where the headlights will automatically dip to low beam with oncoming traffic.

If it does not come with DLA can it be activated?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I believe mine does that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Braedz View Post
    Yes, I believe mine does that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Which one or both?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Which one or both?

Sorry I should have been more specific, yes they definately do AFS, and I believe they do DLA. I know they are definitely self leveling, and the lights rotate depending where you are turning.

Quote Originally Posted by Braedz View Post
    Sorry I should have been more specific, yes they definately do AFS, and I believe they do DLA. I know they are definitely self leveling, and the lights rotate depending where you are turning.
    Ok... that sounds great... If DLA is activated the headlights icon on the dash has a little capital A in the icon denoting the DLA is active... I believe it activated only above 70kmh.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Ok... that sounds great... If DLA is activated the headlights icon on the dash has a little capital A in the icon denoting the DLA is active... I believe it activated only above 70kmh.
    Mine is a 206 & has both. DLA I don't like because high beam will have already blinded the oncoming driver on the open road, long before it dips.

Quote Originally Posted by 2009fsi View Post
    Mine is a 206 & has both. DLA I don't like because high beam will have already blinded the oncoming driver on the open road, long before it dips.
    Thanks... waiting for a 206 myself... weird the website and brochures don't mention these as features.... they don't have the qi wireless charger in the phone box either but not sure if that is just my17 only. Are you happy with it other than the dazzling lights?

Users Country Flag
    I was able to enable light assist (capital A, auto on and off of high beams) but not dynamic light assist (beams stay on, blocking off just the area of the oncoming car). Are you sure it's DLA and not just LA you've enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by IMSancho View Post
    I was able to enable light assist (capital A, auto on and off of high beams) but not dynamic light assist (beams stay on, blocking off just the area of the oncoming car). Are you sure it's DLA and not just LA you've enabled?
    I was the one who defined DLA incorrectly so that might have been my fault. Did yours come factory with LA or did you "enable" it afterwards.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IMSancho View Post

Dynamic light assist is not available in Australia, even with the fully loaded superbs, it is an option in the UK, you know you have it if the "lashes" illuminate with the DRL. I think it is called smart light assist.
    This option is standard on the Passat R with LED matrix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast