Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skoda One App

Users Country Flag

Skoda One App

Å*KODA OneApp - Å*KODA

Who has it? I got it about a week ago but then only mucked around with it over the last couple of days - it is really cool! You can customise a bunch of widgets and there's a whole lot of cool pits and pieces in there. I think it gives you all the on screen info that you get in the sport line model and more.

I heard that its disappeared from the Australian iTunes store so you might need to create yourself an overseas itunes account to get it maybe. Also it only works for cars built after June 2016. Definitely worth a play if you haven't already done it.

Users Country Flag
    I got it from the Australian store a few days ago. It looks like it is still there when searched for, but the search has to be precise.
    "Skoda oneapp" should find it. It won't appear in the quick list, but will after tapping the search button.

I've been impressed by it so far, and if there was an AUD dollar option it would be great. If I had time on the weekend I was going to write about it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Also trying to connect to the app via wifi tonight I noticed the other Skoda app I have on my phone - the Skoda Media Command. I had forgotten all about that app.... turns out that it does indeed work with our Aus spec cars too! You can remotely view and control the satnav, the media, the volume and other sound options from the app wirelessly. Useful if you have rear passengers (who can be trusted with such power) though I must admit it's slightly less useful for me given there's normally only two of us on board & up front.

Still cool though.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    Also trying to connect to the app via wifi tonight I noticed the other Skoda app I have on my phone - the Skoda Media Command. I had forgotten all about that app.... turns out that it does indeed work with our Aus spec cars too! You can remotely view and control the satnav, the media, the volume and other sound options from the app wirelessly. Useful if you have rear passengers (who can be trusted with such power) though I must admit it's slightly less useful for me given there's normally only two of us on board & up front.

Still cool though.
    unfortunately the Skoda Media Command app is no longer available to download - saying its not available for my country
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    The Skoda One app works brilliantly. Hotspot it to the car and it gives you all the live data like, Nav, consumption, speeds, drive time etc. It even shows maximum g force & horsepower (282hp so far and I wasn't even trying hard).
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    unfortunately the Skoda Media Command app is no longer available to download - saying its not available for my country
    I downloaded it on Saturday, you might want to check again. Not that it works with my 2016 Octavia anyway.

Users Country Flag

Wifi settings

Quote Originally Posted by Andysuew View Post
    The Skoda One app works brilliantly. Hotspot it to the car and it gives you all the live data like, Nav, consumption, speeds, drive time etc. It even shows maximum g force & horsepower (282hp so far and I wasn't even trying hard).

Did you have any problems with the wifi connection? Did you setup your mobile as hotspot and then connected to the car wifi on the phone?

I got it working once, but trying to connect again next day didn't work. Smartlink via USB is fine. I have tried to reset my Wifi settings, no luck.

Thanks
    Skoda Yeti MY13 118TSI 4x4 | Skoda Superb MY17 206TSI 4x4

Users Country Flag
    I tried it over the weekend via Wi-Fi, not bad at all. I connected my phone to the car's Wi-Fi and it worked great.
    It seems that if you use your phone as mobile hotspot, it will also work.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by posp View Post

Did you have any problems with the wifi connection? Did you setup your mobile as hotspot and then connected to the car wifi on the phone?

I got it working once, but trying to connect again next day didn't work. Smartlink via USB is fine. I have tried to reset my Wifi settings, no luck.

Thanks
    Exatcly what Vexed said above. Connected via wifi hotspot on my phone to the car and away she goes.
    Daily Drive: 2017 VW Arteon 206TSI, White, Fully optioned inc Sun Roof. APR Stage 1 + DSG, Gtechniq 10h Ceramic Coating, Ceramic Tint, Ceramic Front/Rear Brakes, Eibach Lowered Springs.

Weekend Drive: 2016 Golf GTI 40 Years (Clubsport) Tornado Red, DSG, Tint, Black Badges

Users Country Flag

So ur turning on the car's hot-spot, and then connecting the phone to it, and then launching OneApp?
    I've got no issues with the USB cable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast