Thread: Replacement Key

Users Country Flag

Angry Replacement Key

I have "mislaid" a key. I have been quoted a replacement price of $856 !!!!!!!! Is there a cheaper way?I do not actually need a "key" only the electronics as I have a KESSY equipped Superb Elegance V6. I know there is somewhere on the car I can insert a key but I have never looked for it. This is so annoying, embarrassing and ....... annoying. Any assistance much appreciated. I have never had to use my spare until this week so not exactly seriously serious but always good to have a back up. The key MUST be somewhere in my house but it is a rather big house. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Albervin View Post
    I have "mislaid" a key. I have been quoted a replacement price of $856 !!!!!!!! Is there a cheaper way?I do not actually need a "key" only the electronics as I have a KESSY equipped Superb Elegance V6. I know there is somewhere on the car I can insert a key but I have never looked for it. This is so annoying, embarrassing and ....... annoying. Any assistance much appreciated. I have never had to use my spare until this week so not exactly seriously serious but always good to have a back up. The key MUST be somewhere in my house but it is a rather big house. Thanks.
    Not sure when you said inserting keys. There is no key hole inside the car but the external door handle on the driver side for emergency if battery(or central locking got issue) as you mentioned your is KESSY optioned/equipped

If your KeyFob is out of (lithium watch size) battery , inside the steering column there is a sensor next to the stop/start button where you place the key nearby and push the stop/start button to start the car.

I doubted they have a 3rd party electronic key.. plus they need to be re-programmed and synch all the keys with the car at the same time
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Found it. Just don't ask where. I now consider myself $856 in credit.