Support VWWC

Thread: Rental Cars

Users Country Flag

Rental Cars

Had to fly down to Melbourne for the day yesterday - 4 people, had roughly 200kms driving to do so ordered a 'premium full size' through Hertz - was expecting a Calais or similar and purposely picked that category to avoid the ubiquitous Camry with the underwhelming 4 cylinder that I hate even when it's just me in the car.

Turned up to Hertz and picked this up:

Rental Cars-superb-jpg

Best rental car I've had (even better than the 3 Series upgrade a few years back). So, it seems Skoda is back to supplying some rental cars, I've seen a couple of Superbs and Octavias (all wagons) getting around Sydney which are clearly rentals.
    Last edited by aware; 11-12-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by aware View Post
    Had to fly down to Melbourne for the day yesterday - 4 people, had roughly 200kms driving to do so ordered a 'premium full size' through Hertz - was expecting a Calais or similar and purposely picked that category to avoid the ubiquitous Camry with the underwhelming 4 cylinder that I hate even when it's just me in the car.

Turned up to Hertz and picked this up:

Rental Cars-superb-jpg

Best rental car I've had (even better than the 3 Series upgrade a few years back). So, it seems Skoda is back to supplying some rental cars, I've seen a couple of Superbs and Octavias (all wagons) getting around Sydney which are clearly rentals.
    Nice... I remember I used to get Passat wagon from Europcar all the time.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I rent a lot from Hertz, they now have many Skodas in the fleet. I had a chat with one of their staff and apparently they are loving them. I routinely get “upgraded” into a larger car and now wish they’d leave me in an Octavia!

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone had any experience of purchasing an ex-rental Skoda? how have they held up to the abuse of being rented?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pandahill View Post
    Has anyone had any experience of purchasing an ex-rental Skoda? how have they held up to the abuse of being rented?
    I read an article not long ago, it was confirmed by the Australian GM for Skoda Australia that they are trying to get out of the "Fleet" market as they want to retain better overall resell value for the brand.