Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePossum View Post
    Here comes my question; I've searched high and low for headlining replacements on google without luck - if I do go for the 206tsi Superb, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could go (I'm located in Melbourne) to get the headlining etc. changed to black as soon as it's delivered?
    This might bring a smile to your face.

https://youtu.be/HCTqavnXgJ8

Picked up my Superb a few weeks ago, love it but please check your tyre pressures! I just checked mine for the first time. The left were set to 52 psi and the right were set to 32 psi?! Completely bizarre and dangerous. Now fixed and the car is riding like a dream.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by drex View Post
    Picked up my Superb a few weeks ago, love it but please check your tyre pressures! I just checked mine for the first time. The left were set to 52 psi and the right were set to 32 psi?! Completely bizarre and dangerous. Now fixed and the car is riding like a dream.
    It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. Looks like it's the same deal with Skoda. Why exactly do we pay exorbitant deliver delivery fees?! My first brand new B7 Passat back in 2011 needed both tyre pressures checked and wheel alignment done after premature front tyre wear. Same happened in 2013 when I picked up my next brand new B7 Passat, but I'd learnt my lesson and my tyres were still in good nick after 35,000 ks. Fast forward to 2016 and the minute I drove out my new B8 Passat onto the Princes Hwy I got the low tyre pressure warning light. Tyre pressures were different on all four tyres and the wheel alignment was out of kilter as well. All promptly fixed. Drex, I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 19-06-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks Mate, I was fortunate enough to get a wheel alignment report when I picked up my Touareg that the alignment was ok. I will go and get the alignment checked on the Skoda, I plan on keeping this one a lot longer

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. Looks like it's the same deal with Skoda. Why exactly do we pay exorbitant deliver delivery fees?! My first brand new B7 Passat back in 2011 needed both tyre pressures checked and wheel alignment done after premature front tyre wear. Same happened in 2013 when I picked up my next brand new B7 Passat, but I'd learnt my lesson and my tyres were still in good nick after 35,000 ks. Fast forward to 2016 and the minute I drove out my new B8 Passat onto the Princes Hwy I got the low tyre pressure warning light. Tyre pressures were different on all four tyres and the wheel alignment was out of kilter as well. All promptly fixed. Drex, I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    It's been my repeated experience that VAG dealers never check tyre pressures and/or wheel alignment during pre-delivery. ................ I suggest you get wheel alignment done on your new Skoda as well. Your Superb will feel even better to drive, you'll get better grip and you'll prolong the life of your tyres.
    My experience exactly, Buzy_Robot & drex. As delivered, my 206 had one rear tyre with 21psi more than the other three & none of the three tyres were within 3 psi of its mate. That's not good enough on any car, but dangerous with the grunt of the 206. I traded the Pirelli P7s for a set of new Conti Sportscontact 6s after only 400kms. I had the wheel alignment checked at that time & neither the front, nor the rear were anywhere near true alignment.

The other obvious unchecked item was the driver side windscreen washer. It blasted into to underside of the bonnet; only the thin mist of that contact making it to the windscreen. Not enough to wet the blade's path. They clearly never did more than fill the reservoir, possibly not even that.

As far as I'm concerned, all I got for the extortionate delivery fee was a wash & a set of plates screwed on. Back when i bought my 2010 V6 Superb, I got welcome letters & questionnaire from Skoda Australia asking for my comments on all aspects of my experience buying the car. This time, absolutely b!oody nothing. I get the feeling they know some of their major dealers deliver without care or responsiblity. They pocket the delivery & fob the delivery defects off to 'Warranty'. But that is an avoidable waste of my time & in my view, a fraud against the real purposes of the intent of Warranty. This clearly adds to the cost we pay for a new vehicle.

I used to get my cars inspected by the NRMA before I took delivery. I think it is a prudent exercise I should return to.
    Last edited by 2009fsi; 19-06-2016 at 10:01 PM.

I have strong feelings about not paying delivery fees for these very reasons. The only thing I can possibly think costs them real money is trucking the car somewhere, but that's probably covered by Skoda (would love to know!).

The thing with Skoda's is they have to work so very hard for the sale that they should *want* to be giving you a good experience so you keep going back for services and possibly your next Skoda...

It's OK for my exorbitant Skoda delivery fees, I got fine scratches all over the paintwork and especially on the black door pillars, and had etching all in the surround glass from the tinter using it as a template to cut out the film. On the inside I had the delight of strips of rubber hanging off the back QTR windows where they had taken it upon themselves to just cut the rubber away rather than tuck the film behind. All in the myriad of post sale surveys I have been sent but of course no reply. As of now I realised the glove box light has never worked and the drivers seat height is jammed more often than not. All like that from delivery so I can only imagine what I haven't found.

Sportline
    Next Gen Superb - 17/2/15-_dsc9866-jpg

Users Country Flag

Getting to pick up our new Superb on Friday. Kids are definitely looking forward to not being so squished in the back!
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon TSI Candy White DSG Leather Sunroof MDI Bluetooth Tow Tint
    MY11.5 Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr Candy White DSG Detroits MDI Bluetooth Bi-Xenons RVC Tint R-Tails - SOLD
    MK5 R32 3dr Black DSG - Loved it
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast