Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MY16 Superb has no seat memory to key

Users Country Flag

MY16 Superb has no seat memory to key

We picked up our sedan a week ago and I have now found out that this function is missing, despite that ours has got all the option packs we can get over here.

The dealer tried to no avail to get it to work. There is in the infotainment an option missing: "Safe seat settings to key" which need to be ticked for this to work.
    I asked the dealer to get onto Skoda to see if this is correct. Ours fully specked out has got all the hardware required, so this is a pure software issue.

Users Country Flag
    After reading the manual it seems a bit fiddly and poorly worded. Vehicles without the personalisation function will have a menu option on the Infotainment that allows the memory to be turned on and off. To quote:

Memory function of the remote control key
    Applies to vehicles that do not have the personalisation function.
     Read and observe on page 77 first.
    Every time the vehicle is locked, the driver ́s seat and exterior mirror settings are saved and assigned to the key with which the vehicle was locked. After the following unlocking of the vehicle with the same key, the driver ́s seat and exterior mirrors that are saved to this key will be adopted. This function can be activated/deactivated in Infotainment » Owner ́s Manual - Infotainment.

It looks like the memory seats that we get in our cars need a button pressed to return to a specific setting.
    Then again, it's all a guess from reading the manual.

Retrieving the saved setting
    › With the ignition off and open driver's door, press the desired memory button .
    › In other cases (e.g. if the ignition is switched on or the driver's door closed), hold the button.

Have a look at Post 14 on this thread on Briskoda and see if you can get it to work using that procedure.

Memory seats and mirrors - Skoda Superb III - BRISKODA

Users Country Flag
    I looked at the infotainment manual and my car doesn't even have the seat option in it anymore. I wonder if VCDS could reactivate it???
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Wagon TSI Candy White DSG Leather Sunroof MDI Bluetooth Tow Tint
    MY11.5 Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr Candy White DSG Detroits MDI Bluetooth Bi-Xenons RVC Tint R-Tails - SOLD
    MK5 R32 3dr Black DSG - Loved it
    MY14 CLA45 AMG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Note that I posted this on Briskoda as well:

I got the reply from the dealer:
    After an extensive phone call to Skoda Australia, I am informed that the MY16 does not come with "Personilsation".
    But they will bring this in with the MY17 model........Really????
    So despite that this has been in use overseas for while now and that I optioned the highest specs for the TSI162.
    We also don't get the SIM card slot in Columbus, no ice scraper (you
    would want it if you were living in the Blue Mountains), no TV
    tuner........
    Looks like Aussies are getting screwed over again.
    I am still happy with the car. This is more related to that Aussies seem to be always limited in what they can get.

Hm..I will check this when I get my MY17 in Oct.
    Did Skoda mentioned no ice scraper, tv tuner and sim card in MY17 as well?
    edit: how about smart light assist?

I don't use two keys because normally we use only 1 key for my wife and she drop me off to work and then sometimes I drive the car as well so hopefully when I use this 'personalisation' it doesn't effect my wife's settings even though I change the memory seat to no 2 that has been assigned to me for example.

The no ice scraper is a bit of no brainer, hardly any cars here would include that with the majority of our climate. The no SIM thing is across the board, same as the wifi option where you can read your cars info etc with an app. Smart light assist is in some, but just came in the Octys recently. TV tuner is a spectrum thing, we have never got it, and still don't. Same with DAB. I'd say the SIM and the wifi bit we are missing is either cause they couldn't be bothered getting it complianced for Oz (although the other wifi bits work) or the SIM hardware is not the right spectrums for Oz (more likely.).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    Smart light assist is in some, but just came in the Octys recently.
    Do you mean Smart Light Assist or Adaptive Front Lighting? Smart light assist uses special shutters to blank out specific parts of the road where oncoming cars are coming, allowing you to leave the lights on high beams on all the time even when cars come towards you. Adaptive Front lighting turns into corners and also changes the shape of the beam for different speeds and lighting conditions but doesn't control the High Beams at all.

I know the Superbs and some Octys now have AFS, but I was unaware that SLA was making it here at all... though if it did come with the MY17 Superb I'd be beyond happy....

I just want Skoda Aus to hurry up and update their site to MY17 specs so I can see exactly what is and isn't there. Supposedly my car is built as an MY17 and awaiting transport but other than the extra ambient lighting colours and different rear vision mirror I'm unaware of any further changes - the 'personalisation' is news to me. Also I seem to remember somewhere reading that wireless charging may also become standard but again, its unconfirmed.

I am hopping smart light assist in MY17 as well. Finger cross.

I requested the MY17 brochure/information and Skoda rep said it will be available in September but she didn't specify beginning, mid or end of Sept.

Users Country Flag

The Aussie web site lets you configure a car then download the Car Card for it.
    I compared the Car Card for the same vehicle configured on 12/5/2016 (MY16) and again on 4/8/2018 (MY17).
    Some words have changed but mean the same thing (ESP vs ESC) but others are additions (wireless charging).
    The main differences are below:

12/5/2016
    Door warning lights front and reflectors rear
    Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
    Comfort telephony with WLAN
    Flat tire indicator
    Rest Assist (drowsiness detection)
    Headlight-range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)

4/8/2016
    Center armrest in front
    Electronic stability control (ESC)
    Comfort telephony with WLAN and LTE and wireless charging
    Indirect tire pressure monitoring system
    Driver alert system
    Without clock
    Headlight range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic, with cornering light (AFS 1)

Smart Light Assist isn’t mentioned on either card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast