Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MY16 Superb has no seat memory to key

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    The Aussie web site lets you configure a car then download the Car Card for it.
    I compared the Car Card for the same vehicle configured on 12/5/2016 (MY16) and again on 4/8/2018 (MY17).
    Some words have changed but mean the same thing (ESP vs ESC) but others are additions (wireless charging).
    The main differences are below:

12/5/2016
    Door warning lights front and reflectors rear
    Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
    Comfort telephony with WLAN
    Flat tire indicator
    Rest Assist (drowsiness detection)
    Headlight-range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)

4/8/2016
    Center armrest in front
    Electronic stability control (ESC)
    Comfort telephony with WLAN and LTE and wireless charging
    Indirect tire pressure monitoring system
    Driver alert system
    Without clock
    Headlight range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic, with cornering light (AFS 1)

Smart Light Assist isn’t mentioned on either card.
    i think it is that card where I saw the wireless charging. It's interesting to note it says the system now has LTE... Typo??

Users Country Flag
    I would caution all of you about taking anything on the Skoda Australia website as gospel. My dealer told me LTE was in the car & if I had a Samsung Galaxy S7, it worked. According to him, it only works with the SG S7 & put his SG S7 into the tray to show it. I don't know if it worked or not. I don't have such a phone.
    Remember, Skoda Australia reckoned the MY16, Sept 15 built cars didn't have privacy glass or a drivers knee airbag, yet mine has the glass & recent investigation confirms, the airbag too.
    When the first NT or B6 series arrived, they couldn't confirm their shipping inventory. One '206' delivered from the shipment, against a customer order, was discovered by the dealer on the day of delivery, to be a 162.

Skoda Australia is just a minimal effort VAG subsection. Compare it with Skoda NZ. It has an established online shop for spares & accessories. Skoda Australia one assumes must be serving a larger market & has nothing of the kind. Compare all the markets Skoda is in & it is pretty clear Australia is the worst served by its local entity of all. This is clearly a deliberate management decision by VAG. Why? My guess is, Skoda doesn't pay their exec bonuses. VW does.

Let me ask you this question, how many new car owners this year have received any communication from Skoda after your car was delivered? I've had mine since April & I've received absolutely nothing. I contrast that with when I bought my 3T V6. It was followed by welcome letter, confirmations & information about warranty & roadside assist, plus initial & follow-up customer satisfaction surveys.

Back in the 3T days, you could ask questions of Skoda Aust Customer Service about the exact specification of your vehicle & you would get a quick response with confirmation of all the vehicles build info from the factory. Try sending them some specific queries on the items which are not clear. Get it from them in writing.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Let me ask you this question, how many new car owners this year have received any communication from Skoda after your car was delivered? I've had mine since April & I've received absolutely nothing. I contrast that with when I bought my 3T V6. It was followed by welcome letter, confirmations & information about warranty & roadside assist, plus initial & follow-up customer satisfaction surveys.
    I received via email a survey which was 99% about how satisfied I was with my dealership and how we were treated as customers.
    It was quite comprehensive.
    But it didn't give me any option to comment if I found anything not quite right with the car LOL.

Users Country Flag
    Hi All, coming late to this conversation but I have the same issue on my 4x4 MY17 Skoda Superb that the key does not work the seat memory function. In my case (and after 6 WEEKS at the dealership going back and forward with Skoda Technical) the issue has eventually been diagnosed as a software bug in that the menu for the seat is not available in the personalisation menu as it should be. Skoda haven't confirmed to me if it's prevalent on ALL Superbs or just my particular car but they are currently working on a TPI software fix so they can resolve the problem. I have to say despite loving the car, the experience with Skoda Technical and the dealership (Alto Artarmon) has been fairly abysmal. Lack of communication and a general apathy in fixing the issue has been very painful. I'm now picking the car up after over 6 weeks and the issue is not resolved but I have a "promise" that it will continue to be investigated and a software fix deployed. Just some Info for anyone who may be in a similar position and think they are going crazy as the function should work but doesn't...

Users Country Flag
    I've had a quick read through the manual and it only talks about a Personalisation on/off setting, plus the different accounts that are available. I can't remember seeing a specific seat option, nor any other option. Next time I'm in the car I'll peruse the menus.

Users Country Flag
    Certainly interesting to know bluSup as the menu is missing on mine and should be there - I suspect it's a general fault that they need to make good for all Skoda Superb owners...

Users Country Flag
    i am 99% sure that switching profiles on mine moves the seat and this happens when unlocking with different keys. Will confirm though.

Users Country Flag
    Betsy seems to have lost part of her memory as well. During her first visit to the Dealership (to correct the towbar coding) I had set up the second grey key as the “Service” key. By using that key instead of my key, the seat would be in the “mechanics” position and the radio would be on low volume with the ambient lighting set to white.
    When I dropped the car off I locked the car with the button on my key, waited a few seconds, then used the Service key to unlock the car. As soon as I opened the door the seat moved to the mechanics position.

Whilst they were fixing the towbar coding, they must have zapped the part of Betsy’s brain that remembers because she hasn’t done the trick since. I thought it was just me stuffing up the process by rushing to lock the door and change keys before the mechanic jumped in.

I took pictures of the Personalisation section of the Infotainment. The manual mentions a Seat option but as the car has KESSY we get Personalisation instead. As you can see there are no Seat options. Ignore the highlighted Reset all - it was just to scroll to the bottom of the screen.
    If I unlock the car with the service key, when the engine starts I am offered an option to change to the Service profile with a warning that the seat may change. I select the service profile and the seat moves to the saved position, the volume is lowered, and the lighting changes. The infotainment stays on a “starting” screen for quite some time during this process.

The automatic way, when the door is opened, no longer works. Looks like one to add to the list for the first service.

MY16 Superb has  no seat memory to key-personalisation-jpg

I think it is easier when you test this personalisation with memory key to use a two set of keys and assign each memory seat to each of the profile individually. Say you use key 1 and then seat memory key to no 1 and assign this key profile.
    Set key 2 with seat memory 2 and assign key 2 with the profile 2.

I setup 2 profiles, one for my wife and mine but both of us only use 1 key that I set belong to my wife profile. If unlock using this key then it will set all the entertainment, ambient light and seat according to her profile. So If I would like to change to my profile, as soon as I unlock and sit, I need to scroll on the steering wheel to change to my profile and then the seat change the position to me, change ambient light and entertainment.

Users Country Flag

I was using two different keys, with each key matched to a unique profile. It used to work but now doesn't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast