Thread: My new 118TSI Superb Wagon

My new 118TSI Superb Wagon

I was just about to place a factory order for an Octavia but came across Superb deal I simply couldn't refuse. Last week I took delivery of a MY14 Candy White 118TSI DSG Superb Wagon in Ambition spec with the Travel Pack. We've put about 600km on the clock and initial impressions are fantastic.

What's sweetened the purchase even more is that I'm pretty certain I have a whole range of features that aren't available to order on the ambition spec in Australia. Correct me if I'm wrong but my car has park assist, heated (fabric) front seats, silver roof racks and foldable front mirrors. Score!

The good:
    - The car feels very well put together; the doors have a nice heft to them and the general ambiance of the cabin is fantastic.
    - The 118TSI engine is an absolute cracker. For such a large and heavy car it definitely has enough power in sport mode for a bit of fun.
    - Despite the lack of a rearview camera the OPS is excellent. As I have park assist the car can sense objects 360°.
    - The enormous amount of space! The rear seats are almost absurd. Even with a car seat my wife still has ample room in the front footwell. The boot is absolutely fantastic, and the luggage cover lets you hide your mess.
    - The standard technology is superb. Things like automatic headlights, light assistant, cornering fog lights, climatronic and the maxidot display are all great.

The OK:
    - We're still getting used to the DSG gearbox, specifically the slight pause when taking off.
    - A couple times the boot hasn't closed properly. Seems to need a really hard slam to get it closed.
    - Not a fault of the car but because the wheelbase is so long I'm having trouble getting down my driveway lol. Building a ramp this week to prevent it from bottoming out when the car is fully loaded.

Questions:
    - Still getting used to the Bolero unit. What is TIM? Can I navigate through albums/artists when connected via Bluetooth? The manual hasn't been much of a help.
    - Can anyone confirm if I have a Frankenstein with unique options?
    - The manual discusses 'Launch Control'. Does the 118TSI DSG petrol feature this option (it says to disengage START/STOP which I obviously don't have). Not planning on using this anytime soon (or ever) but just wanted to know.

I'll update this thread when I take some photos of the beast this weekend
    Last edited by sixfignig; 12-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the forums mate.
    Glad you are enjoying the new ride.

Hope we can get you out to some of our events.

Users Country Flag
    Hi sixfignig,
    We have the 2012 ambition wagon and it comes standard with park assist, heated (fabric) front seats, silver roof racks and foldable front mirrors.

Great car, so good we also bought a Elegance wagon as well.
    The umbrella in the rear left door is a novelty but has had a lot a use.

Users Country Flag
    Great to hear from another satisfied owner. We had our candy white elegance sedan since December and couldn't be happier. Skoda make a brilliant car in the superb. For such a large car it handles really well. It's no sports sedan but I love driving it so much that I fitted the paddle shift steering wheel.
    MY13 118TSI DSG Superb Elegance Sedan in Candy White with MFSW + Paddles

Users Country Flag
    Welcome to the site.

You have probably found (As I did) that the Wagon has more kit on it than the sedan version in Ambition spec, a lot of the specifications aren't advertised well either, but are great to find when you get the car.

I have a Silver MY12 Ambition Wagon, std with heated seats, dimming rear view and outside mirrors, Auto park and foldable mirrors (when holding the lock on the key fob down). You appear to have a stock Superb (which still has a huge amount of features for a base model)

AFAIK TIM and TP are not available in Australia. In Europe I believe the radio can record traffic alerts and play them back to you later through the radio, or cut into your current listening to give you traffic alerts. That would be a great feature to have but I think it relies on the radio broadcasts to be in a compatible format.
    Am I correct in my understanding?

Users Country Flag
    I'm still finding features...
    I blew a tire yesterday on a kerb and used Skoda assist for the first time (I would have changed it myself but the car was on the rim half on half off the kerb). A local towing company came out (was expecting RACQ, but they must use independent contractors in metro regions)
    The serviceman lifted up the boot floor to get the tire tools out and there was a nice elastic strap to hold the boot floor up while you are getting the tire out. Never noticed it before.

Skoda have really put a lot of thought into how the car is used and have put the right clips, hooks, lights etc all over the vehicle to just make it easier and more pleasant all around.

Now if they only included cup holders big enough to put a cup/small water bottle into, and cup holders for the rear seats in the Ambition...

Hmmmm that's strange as the brochure clearly shows that the ambition spec doesn't have any of the aforementioned features:

http://www.skoda.com.au/SiteCollecti...ecs_superb.pdf

I wasn't expecting them so it made for a very nice surprises on delivery.
    Experienced a bit of wheelspin in the rain today when I took off from the traffic lights in sports mode

Sixfignig the silver rails, electric-folding mirrors, park assist and heated front seats were part of the Ambition equipment list on the pre-facelift Superb, but when they facelifted it they got deleted to lower the price. As for your car having them, I'm not sure! Maybe they were included by accident? Who knows, but that's fantastic, especially the electric-folding mirrors and park assist. Enjoy mate, Superbs really are such a massive amount of car for the money!
    Mine: Silver 2006 Volkswagen Golf Sportline 2.0FSI 6M (with a sunroof)
    Parents': Candy White 2008 Skoda Octavia RS 2.0TFSI 6M Liftback

Users Country Flag
    From memory (only used it once) you select "Sport", de-select Traction control, plant left foot on brake and right foot on accelerator then release brake. Makes a lovely noise and slingshots away. Of course I have the V6 so maybe different on your car.

Users Country Flag

my elegance has heated cloth seats, folding mirrors, park assist etc etc... I dont think yours is too different... but glad you are loving it... I love my superb...
    2009 Skoda Superb Sedan - 3T ELEGANCE DSG FWD 7 Speed - 148kw 290nM (thank you Northside Eurpopean Mitchell ACT 02+ 6241 1111) 1.8 TSI...114,987km