Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation

Missing unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation

My superb my17 Aug2016 tech pack build doesn't have this feature. I've got the loan car and when lock or unlock from the key it has sound. It appears in the settings of this loan car but it doesn't appear in my car.

According to the manual:
    After unlocking/locking, depending on vehicle equipment and setting the following is
    valid for the central locking.
    -The turn signal lights flash twice as confirmation that the vehicle has been
    unlocked.
    -An double audible signal sounds additionally on vehicles which are fitted
    with the anti-theft alarm system.

I thought I don't have alarm in my car but after I tested I do have it but this acoustic confirmation is missing from the entertainment screen.

I sent email to the dealer but so far never get reply.

If your car has acoustic confirmation, could you please let me know the firmware version?
    Thank you

Expected to appear like below:
    LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation-accoustic-confirmation-other-car-png

My car:
    LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation-my-car-jpg

manual:
    LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation-screenshot_20170526-201610-jpg
    Last edited by bego9; 11-06-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Mine doesn't have that option in the menu but it's my understanding that the 206tsi does come with an alarm. I'd be curious if anyone has this option & to see what the audible confirmation sounds like.

Yes, the loan car is 206tsi but my 162tsi with tech pack does come with the alarm as well but I cannot see that option. I check my friend's 162tsi tech and comfort pack also the same, no option in the menu.

Users Country Flag
    I plugged in the VCDS cable and had a look at the system. According to the guide at
    https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment=4742527
    the system is set to active for the beeps, there's just no menu option.
    So I looked at some of the other german words there and set them to active. The newly active ones are verriegeln, global, and Signalhorn.
    Now I have the menu option, and when selected, it makes a chirp like a Dunlop Volley in attack mode on a lino floor.

LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation-chirp-jpg

In other news, SuperBetsy now has an Off Road menu. Hilarious.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bego9 View Post
    Yes, the loan car is 206tsi but my 162tsi with tech pack does come with the alarm as well but I cannot see that option. I check my friend's 162tsi tech and comfort pack also the same, no option in the menu.

No fair.. mines a 206 but no menu option. I am thinking of getting the dealer to enable the chirp though anyway. I am pretty tempted to buy vcds so I can do a few of these things myself...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    I plugged in the VCDS cable and had a look at the system. According to the guide at
    https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...omment=4742527
    the system is set to active for the beeps, there's just no menu option.
    So I looked at some of the other german words there and set them to active. The newly active ones are verriegeln, global, and Signalhorn.
    Now I have the menu option, and when selected, it makes a chirp like a Dunlop Volley in attack mode on a lino floor.

LOST unlock and lock beep/chirp acoustic confirmation-chirp-jpg

In other news, SuperBetsy now has an Off Road menu. Hilarious.
    anything else you've tackled with vcds? I bit the bullet and ordered the cable... I'm thinking of High beam assist, Traffic sign recognition, tail lights with DRLs as well as the audible chirp option. Wonder what else to tinker with... ��

Users Country Flag
    Tinker with?
    Betsy has a Traffic button that actually shows the traffic now. A key fob that can open and close all the windows and the sunroof.
    And that's about it. (Other than the chirp option and the hilarious Off Road selection).

Users Country Flag
    Oh I'd love a working traffic button.... care to divulge the secrets behind activating that?

Users Country Flag
    With a VCDS setup (software and cable).....
    Access controller 5F
    Click Adaptation
    Search for Channel "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)"
    Set the value to "1024" and click Do It.

Then there are some settings in the Infotainment radio section. You have to turn on the RDS and TP options by making sure they are selected.

The magic step is holding the power button in until the head unit turns off and resets itself. Then turn everything back on and press the Traffic button. It can take a few minutes for the data to come in for display.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by blueSup View Post
    With a VCDS setup (software and cable).....
    Access controller 5F
    Click Adaptation
    Search for Channel "Fee-based traffic information (TMC)"
    Set the value to "1024" and click Do It.

Then there are some settings in the Infotainment radio section. You have to turn on the RDS and TP options by making sure they are selected.

The magic step is holding the power button in until the head unit turns off and resets itself. Then turn everything back on and press the Traffic button. It can take a few minutes for the data to come in for display.

You're magic! Thanks blueSup. As soon as I get my VCDS cable this will be one of the first things I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast