Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: June maps update

Users Country Flag

Here is the news. Skoda Superb 4x4 MY15 - Columbus Nav

Been reading how to update my Satnav following a purchase of an aftermarket unit for the wife's car.

Been to all the spots, checked Update portal and checked VIN. It states that unit can only be updated via service.

Satnav Part - 3T0035680S
    HW Version - H23
    SW Version - 6276
    Maps - AU and Kiwi
    Provider - Sensis
    Map on HDD - 8035

I haven't updated the maps since I purchased the car so they are certainly out of date.

I've downloaded the maps from the links shown in this thread. Formatted a 64GB SD card as NTFS, unzipped the files to the SD card and dropped that into the front SD card slot on the Columbus head unit - SD Card read error.
    Ok, so I reformatted the SD card into Fat32, re-unzipped the files and did the same thing - when SD card is inserted into the front slot of the head unit it looks to read the card and then does nothing. I've checked for options under SETUP, MAPS and NAV and there are no new options to update anything. When that didn't work I tried the same process on a brand new 32GB SD card. Same results...

The more reading that I do the more I think that this is no way to update my Columbus head unit without taking it to the service and paying through the nose or I'm doing something so basically wrong that I can't see the road for the maps.

Anyone care to put me out of my misery?

Thanks

Delta
    Last edited by DeltaDart; 06-09-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Have you tried to format your SD Card with this?

SD Memory Card Formatter - SD Association

I have a 32 GB SD Card and it works every time.

Users Country Flag
    i recently updated mine (MY17 162 TSI) via the same portal with no issues.
    22 gig file onto a 32GB sdcard.
    Columbus recognised the update on the SDCard - took about 25 mins to do the update.

My Columbus properties:-
    Device Part #: 3V0035045D
    Hardware: H50
    Software: 0942

you mentioned that you entered your VIN and it told you the only way to update is via the Service - might explain why your Columbus is not picking up the updates on the SD-Card.
    when i enter my VIN, it gives me the download and instructions how to do the update myself.

June maps update-map-update-portal-jpg
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Service department should update the maps for free! Unless I'm mistaken.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

I was told $140 for the DVD by my local Skoda dealer!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123