Support VWWC

Thread: Goodbye Skoda

Goodbye Skoda

I bought a new Tiguan today, delivery early next year, so my Superb driving days are numbered. It has done a great job as a tow car pulling the kart trailer but the new Superb had too many disadvantages for me unfortunately so the decision was made to change. I now have to sell my car and the idea of Carsales.com is not very inviting I must say. I think I will put it on the side of the road with a for sale sign and see what happens. Anyone want to buy a 2009 Superb sedan, 135K on the clock.

Users Country Flag
    What downsides did you find in the new model, vs the old one?
    Sedan or wagon?
    I'm very curious to hear your opinions!
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Old age (mine) is the problem. My wife and I are in our late 60's and it was OK when we bought our present car but lately we find that the seats being so low present a problem getting in and out. I then looked at where we would be five to ten years down the track and decided we needed a car with higher seats. I was going to buy my son's GTI PP Golf initially until reality set in then looked at the new Superb which I do like and test drove. There are so many good cars around but the latest Tiguan is technology central and I love gadgets especially the TFT glass instrument cluster. My present car has been just superb (pun intended) and what I can't get over is such a good car is worth basically nothing on the used market.

I think my ideal car would be an upmarket Yeti with a Golf R motor in it and all the toys. A more compact car than the Tiguan, would go like the proverbial off a shovel and just be a nice car to drive. Sadly it is never going to happen.
    Last edited by Ozsko; 15-10-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Love the Tiguan, enjoy!
    Current - 2015 Tiguan 155 R-Line.
    Previous - Jetta MkV 147 Turbo, Viezu Raceday mapped, Carbonio CAI, Quad Exhaust System, R8 Coil pack, Whiteline Swaybar, GTi Steering wheel with paddles, Alloy pedals, RNS510 & Leather.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I bought a new Tiguan today, delivery early next year, so my Superb driving days are numbered. It has done a great job as a tow car pulling the kart trailer but the new Superb had too many disadvantages for me unfortunately so the decision was made to change. I now have to sell my car and the idea of Carsales.com is not very inviting I must say. I think I will put it on the side of the road with a for sale sign and see what happens. Anyone want to buy a 2009 Superb sedan, 135K on the clock.

Congrats ! On your new purchase. I was considering both the wagons Skoda 206TSI(fully loaded) and Passat 206 TSI with trading-in my 125tdi wagon 6 weeks ago.

Due to limited MY16 stock on Skoda 206TSI which is running on 1.8% finance with FGV and 2 extended warranty campaign which I have no choice but ended up choosing an Audi A4 Avant Quatttro with 2% finance and FGV.

The Passat is out of the equation as they explained its a brand new model (MY17) and not interested in trade in my car
    given Audi and Passat is less than 10% price difference after negotiation plus I got a good trade-in.

One thing I found straight away that Audi is not as practical as a Skoda or VW with less shopping hooks and many more.

After losing my handy magnetic torch, I also found Audi does not even have the windows/sun roof auto-close feature when parked in the rain as both Skoda and VW have them (as long as they rain sensor/auto wiper).
    My Mrs did forget to close the windows at one time and flooded my old WRX since we always parked our car on the street .

My car has been sold by the dealers(wholesalers) within in 10 days must be good value which is listed just 4k more than my trade in price.
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

I looked at an Audi a couple of years ago and while speaking to the sales lady the Skoda features were being compared and she thought the Skoda was a better thing. What is FGV?

Users Country Flag
    FGV -> GFV = Guaranteed Future Value. Basically a buy-back sort of scheme.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I looked at an Audi a couple of years ago and while speaking to the sales lady the Skoda features were being compared and she thought the Skoda was a better thing. What is FGV?
    Given the trade-in experience with Audi and Skoda , I would recommend GFV/FGV option.
    However, you will need to have a finance deal with VW (Audi/Skoda) Financial services like a loan.

Otherwise I would have a Novated leased SUVs since they are very popular which beloved by the families in the 2nd hand market (lower depreciation).
    Last edited by skodian; 14-11-2016 at 10:16 PM.
    Audi A4 B9(8W) AVANT Quattro 2.0 TFSI
    SOLD - Skoda 2012(MY12) 125 Tdi Superb Wagon, KESSY, Power tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof