Thread: Gearbox recalled for replacement on new my17 superb 206

Users Country Flag

Gearbox recalled for replacement on new my17 superb 206

Hi Everyone
    i just took my new skoda superb 206 in to alto for its first free 1 month service.
    At the end of which I was told by the staff member that SKODA AG has issued a recall on my gearbox part number. As they have a low oil supply issue/oil pressure issues". Saying that a gearbox that has insufficient oil supply can affect longevity and lead to catastrophic consequences.

I bought my superb new, MY17 with build date in DEC 2016. Anybody experience the same on a similarly purchased vehicle.
    I am hesitant to have the dealer pull apart my new car, considering I did not report any issues with the gearbox myself.

Also there is a burning smell after I turn off and get out of the car after driving it in S mode for 3-5minutes. (is this related?)

thanks

Users Country Flag
    That's not cool... I was at the dealership early this week, this wasn't mentioned at all. There are two recalls for my car (206 MY17 08/16 build) related to TJA.
    I'd say contact Skoda Australia for more information.

I don't have any burning smell in my car.
    You can also post on briskoda, there might be similar issues in the UK.

Keep us posted.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Are you also on the facebook groups, I saw someone posted this a few days ago there as well. Seems its a certain group of VINs it relates to.