Thread: A faster superb JB1 tuned

A faster superb JB1 tuned

So I was part of the group buy for the burger tuning JB1 from Autoinstruct. For those that do not know The JB1 is a true user adjustable plug and play solution for all MQB based models in the VW Audi Group range. I have a 162kw Skoda superb 2016....All I can say is that it is an amazing upgrade for the $$$.

Install took 30 minutes tops as I lifted the car to get to the bottom boost guage plug (known as plug D). Have put the unit in the battery box along with the USB cable (tight fit but all ok). So easy to change maps and or go back to stock with the USB plug and a laptop - takes less than 30 seconds!). Before next service I will remove the box and as has been documented it is undetectable for warranty purposes as it does not leave any trace in the ECM/ECU. So onto the change in performance.........

Not much.......HA unless you are brain dead!
    I am using map1 standard extra boost out of the box and the car pulls like a crazy freight train! Wheel spin like mad in 1st, 2nd and into 3rd if too heavy with the right foot. I need to be progressive with the accelerator and once past the 'wheelspin' range I can be as heavy as I want and basically as quick as I want and we are talking licence cancelling crazy fast! Have had many surprised drivers seeing a large station wagon pull away with such speed. The extra boost is almost all the way to redline. There is a crazy turbo rush just past the 2000rpm range where the boost comes on but this is only if WOT from standstill or very slow speed. As I said I don't go WOT from standstill as the TC kicks in and lights flash everywhere and can bog down. The mid range is crazy strong (it was previously). What I have found is the eco setting can now be used without it feeling sluggish as a bit of a heavier foot with the extra boost really gets it going. In normal it is very enjoyable and hard not to smile! Lets say I don't need to use sports setting anymore!
    The car has been transformed without sacrificing fuel consumption as below 2krpm there is little to no boost as you all know. There are customization map settings and I have experimented with some conservative map6 settings which I will probably run in the height of summer so as not too get heat issues - probably dial down to 4ish + boost. On the upside can up the boost in the cooler weather too! More smiles!!!
    I will also be doing some logging and seeing how the car is responding but having too much fun right now. Have also bought a OBDeleven which has some live data for fuel trims so will be handy when I get around to it (also see fault codes etc). I have also mucked around with the OBD to do some VCDS changes but its doing my head in but have managed to get traffic reports enabled.
    All in all this is the best $600 I have spent and even at full price it is worth every cent! All I can say is that this would be a crazy mad upgrade for a 206kw with 4x4.....

Has anybody done this to a 206kw version

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Have you got any CEL from using the JB1?

No. Has not triggered any faults and by rights it shouldn't due to the way it works. I am about to remove it for the first service due end of month. All good so far.

Users Country Flag
    Plenty of the Golf R lads have fitted them, one of the locals in our group buy of the JB4 has one fitted with awesome results
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Batten View Post
    Has anybody done this to a 206kw version

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    MY16 Octavia VRS Wagon, DSG, Race blue, Tech pack, Comfort pack, Black Pack, 19's, Sunroof, Electric Tailgate
    Airbox mod, VW Racing Filter, TMD, Elbow, Ramair Pipe, GFB DV+, VCDS mods, Superpro adjustable rear sway bar, Superpro end links, Whiteline front sway bar links, Whiteline LCA bush Kit, Bilstein B14 coilovers, HPA dog bone mount & arm, 42DD oil catch can, Burger wheel spacers, CTS downpipe 200 cel cat, 2,5" exhaust , twin out. Super Skoda eyelids & front splitter, Tuned by BPS 228kw atw, Dsg tune,

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by boy123 View Post
    No. Has not triggered any faults and by rights it shouldn't due to the way it works. I am about to remove it for the first service due end of month. All good so far.
    Great, might pick one up in the next month.