Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The death of a good friend

Users Country Flag

It might be possible to revive it, but you'd have to be willing to potentially replace the majority of the electronic control modules.
    First thing you'd need to do would be have an auto electrician give it a going over to see if it is possible to at least get a battery working in it, and a diagnostics connection to the gateway.
    Then you can interrogate the car and see what modules (if any?) respond.
    Work though replacements if it's worthwhile or sell the car for body/interior parts.

Would be a fun project to try and re-animate the car I reckon...
    Last edited by kamold; 07-02-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It might be possible to revive it, but you'd have to be willing to potentially replace the majority of the electronic control modules.
    First thing you'd need to do would be have an auto electrician give it a going over to see if they it is possible to at least get a battery working in it, and a diagnostics connection to the gateway.
    Then you can interrogate the car and see what modules (if any?) respond.
    Work though replacements if it's worthwhile or sell the car for body/interior parts.

Would be a fun project to try and re-animate the car I reckon...
    A very deep hole to enter I would reckon, I have seen similar, my son was involved in one and in the end they washed their hands of it as the predicted costs became stupid and that was only the initial diagnosis using OEM systems.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I'd say it would be something you'd have to be prepared to have sitting in a shed to tinker on when time was available, and await cheap parts from wreckers in Europe as they became obviously faulty.
    It might just be a handful of parts that got damaged, all the way up to all the wiring throughout the car is totally fried...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Shannons will offer the wreck (?) to me first but no idea how much they would want. Realistically you wouldn't want to pay more then $3k. I would imagine the panels, interior, wheels, gearbox etc. would have a combined value of about $5k, maybe more.

I can't see a big market for used Superb parts, it is not that sort of car. The gearbox for instance is full of electronics on the control side so the only parts salvageable would be the mechanical stuff. The same with the seats, the electric window motors in the doors and so on. I reckon any Superb Mk2 would be a write off with any half decent bump especially if the air bags get fired.

Users Country Flag

Worth a run up Macquarie Pass to Allan Mackay Autos in Moss Vale for services. Like you, I drive from Canberra to there.... says a lot about the old Peugeot dealer here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MK6 MY10 Golf GTI, 5dr Manual, Carbon Steel, Detroits, Tint
    T6 MY06 Peugeot 307 HDi Touring, Manual, Iron Grey, Tint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12