Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acceleration Test Skoda One App

Users Country Flag

Acceleration Test Skoda One App

So, ever since I saw the acceleration measurement in the app I have been dying to test it. Of course I've needed to wait until i could find myself a closed, private stretch of road to do it on.....

Well assuming the previous sentence to be true, I had an opportunity to test it out on the weekend. I might need to have another look around for another 'private, closed stretch of road" because the first one I found had a slight downhill incline to it which I'm sure cut the time down a bit, but still I have to say I was gob smacked. Who else has done a run and what was your best result?

Acceleration Test Skoda One App-img_1672-png

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Enobar View Post
    So, ever since I saw the acceleration measurement in the app I have been dying to test it. Of course I've needed to wait until i could find myself a closed, private stretch of road to do it on.....

Well assuming the previous sentence to be true, I had an opportunity to test it out on the weekend. I might need to have another look around for another 'private, closed stretch of road" because the first one I found had a slight downhill incline to it which I'm sure cut the time down a bit, but still I have to say I was gob smacked. Who else has done a run and what was your best result?

Acceleration Test Skoda One App-img_1672-png
    I have always wanted to try that... Unfortunately I don't have access to an abandoned airfield or any other location to try safely.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    is that with Launch Control?
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Resisting a line about yours is smaller than mine....

I've been a little afraid to try launch control in case something goes *bang*!

I love how it records to 1/1000th of a second!!!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes, it was using launch control. If you haven't tried it... you need to at least once. When you release the brake... it's best described as all hell breaking loose...

Users Country Flag
    Yes, it was using launch control. If you haven't tried it... you need to at least once. When you release the brake... it's best described as all hell breaking loose...
    How do you use LC? Do you have to floor the accelerator pedal after you put your foot on the brake for the car to hold 4k RPM? Does it remain at 4k rpm until you release the brake?

Users Country Flag
    oh i've used launch control plenty of times :p
    with my previous ride - a MK2 Octavia RS running Stg 2+ and DSG tune. combined with a full an APR 3" RSC Exhaust, it was mental at ALL levels!!!

very addictive.
    had to keep telling myself to stop.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkank View Post
    How do you use LC? Do you have to floor the accelerator pedal after you put your foot on the brake for the car to hold 4k RPM? Does it remain at 4k rpm until you release the brake?
    ESP/Traction Control Off
    Sport or Manual Mode
    left foot on brake
    right foot on throttle - it should hold rpm to approx. 3,000
    then......left foot off and go mental!!!!

I assume that would take the input off the speedometer which is probably reading the usual factory set 6% fast. That is to say that to be doing a genuine 100kph you have to be seeing 106 on the speedo.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast