Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Maps Update

Was about to update my Octy as I missed the Nov release, but with the time taken to download, may as well wait now.

A bit off topic but never the less a GPS story. I had to travel interstate over the last week and for the first time with GPS so I did not take any maps with me after all GPS is all we need, wrong assumption on my part and I will never travel to a strange (to me) part of the country again without paper maps. The GPS in two instances started me off correctly but them decided it would take me to my destination the way it wanted to go not the way I wanted to go and both times it added about 100kms to the trip. The problem is without maps you have no context of where things have gone wrong so you are forced to blindly follow the GPS. I thought I would fix things by putting in a town that was on my way but north of where I was and the GPS still insisted on going SE to a highway entrance point where there were many secondary roads available that would have made for a faster trip. GPS is good if you have reference points and can place yourself but if you are in a strange area and have no knowledge of place names etc it is a real problem.

Users Country Flag
    You lost me at "SD card inside glovebox". The only place I have found to insert an SD card is in the front of the unit.

There are two SD card slots on the unit that is in the glovebox of all late model cars.

Users Country Flag
    There should be settings for fastest or shortest and the ability to not use certain types of roads.

User errors cause more problems than system errors
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fragl1923 View Post
    Spoke with Skoda last week - apparently in addition to the MDM release (Nov 2016) there will be an ROW release mid-Feb, so watch the update portal.

Wait.... what do you mean by MDM release? Does that not include Aus? I have been screwing around trying to download this for 3 days now with constant speed issues... am I now to understand that it has been a pointless exercise??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12