Support VWWC

Thread: Window problem

Window problem

So on Friday night while I was driving I had the window down, as I got
    home I went to close the window but the switch wasn't working.
    All the other windows work just fine.
    One thing I did notice when I purchased the car a few months ago was that when my driver side window was open and I was at stop (e.g at a red light or in my driveway) when I go to pull the switch to wind the window up the window would go down instead of up, so really I was expecting this to happen sooner or later.
    I'm just trying to figure out if it's the motor or the regulator for the window.
    Today ill be taking off the motor for the window so I can manually pull the window up and hopefully can find the problem then.

Users Country Flag
    Have you tried operating the windows using key in door or remote?

Users Country Flag
    Im thinking switcj because of you saying its going the wrong way before it failed. As above try pressing and holding the remote lock button to see if all the wibdows go up or put the key in the door barrel and turn it to lock position and hold there to raise the windows.
    DARKHORSE DEVELOPMENTS
    BLUETOOTH KITS, REVERSE CAMERAS, SATNAV, UPGRADES/MODIFICATIONS, DIAGNOSTICS. ​0420839266
    BRISBANE/GOLDCOAST/IPSWICH
    www.facebook.com/Darkhorsedevelopments www.darkhorsedevelopments.com

Hey guys,

Yeah I tried the key remote method and it didn't work, all the windows went down/up except the driver side.
    Not sure if it's the switch or the motor as of yet but I did take apart the door trim and removed the motor so I could pull the window up manually.
    Also think I broke one of the rivet type clips that hold the trim to the door so its not flush -_-

Users Country Flag
    Pull the rubber boot back on the wiring harness where it travels from the door to the A-pillar, and check for broken wires.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    It wont be the switch if it didnt move with remote. As above will be wiring or the motor itself.
    DARKHORSE DEVELOPMENTS
    BLUETOOTH KITS, REVERSE CAMERAS, SATNAV, UPGRADES/MODIFICATIONS, DIAGNOSTICS. ​0420839266
    BRISBANE/GOLDCOAST/IPSWICH
    www.facebook.com/Darkhorsedevelopments www.darkhorsedevelopments.com

After taking out the motor and winding the window up manually and putting it all together the window is now working as normal somehow?
    I only unplugged one of the wiring harnesses holding the trim to the door while I was doing it so maybe it was loose? No idea but it's now working!

Think I broke one of the clips holding the trim though because its not sitting flush against the door :\