Page 208 of 222 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2212

Thread: What did you do to your Mk5 today?

Quote Originally Posted by sandwg View Post
    Mine has gone in for a carbon engine clean and fitting the stock DV back on. Currently have the GFB + on
    how come?

definitely feel an improve with the GFB DV+, much more quicker response

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kdog View Post
    how come?

definitely feel an improve with the GFB DV+, much more quicker response
    Dsg. Dv seems to be a problem for them.

I used to have the turbo smart one and that was giving issues so moved to GFB, worked for a while but now back to the occasional rough shift daily, and my box is rebuilt so no roughness should be happening.

Just going to try stock for now and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I installed a GTI Paddle shift steering wheel into my Jetta for that racecar feel 1st complex mod ive done and 1st time having to code anything. Super happy with the results

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhamism View Post
    I installed a GTI Paddle shift steering wheel into my Jetta for that racecar feel 1st complex mod ive done and 1st time having to code anything. Super happy with the results
    I've been thinking of doing the same thing to mine. What year was your jetta? Did you need a new module or anything? Or was it just purely install and code it ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jaackyy View Post
    I've been thinking of doing the same thing to mine. What year was your jetta? Did you need a new module or anything? Or was it just purely install and code it ?
    I've got a 2008 Mk5 DSG TFSI Jetta. A i already had MFSW and a Highline cluster, i didn't need to change modules, so it was as you say purely install and code it. The Coding change was only to tell the Steering wheel module that the new wheel had Paddle shifts, and so ended up only being a single digit that needed to be changed.

What year was yours? and what existing hardware have you got ie Highline dash, MFSW buttons?

Users Country Flag
    I've got a 2008 Mk5 DSG TFSI Jetta. A i already had MFSW and a Highline cluster, i didn't need to change modules, so it was as you say purely install and code it. The Coding change was only to tell the Steering wheel module that the new wheel had Paddle shifts, and so ended up only being a single digit that needed to be changed.

What year was yours? and what existing hardware have you got ie Highline dash, MFSW buttons?
    Ahhhh I see. Mine is a 2006 DSG MK5 TDI Golf. It's got the regular MFSW but only the red half height dash.. Also may I ask where you got yours from and how much approximately? Cheers for the help so far !

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jaackyy View Post
    Ahhhh I see. Mine is a 2006 DSG MK5 TDI Golf. It's got the regular MFSW but only the red half height dash.. Also may I ask where you got yours from and how much approximately? Cheers for the help so far !
    You seem to have the important bits already, ie MFSW and DSG. From my research, the half height dash should still work fine. Its when people try to install wheels with shift paddles on either standard non-DSG autos or on cars that previously had no MFSW buttons that run into trouble. I found my wheel in on eBay at a great price and more to my surprise, located only a suburb away in my hometown . I got mine without an airbag (reused the one from my previous wheel) for $180 as i didn't have to pay for shipping. I usually see them going for around 200-300. I'd advise grabbing a GTI version of the wheel rather than an R32 version, as they usually cheaper and there are fewer compatibility hurdles to jump through. Have a look at this for more info : Steering wheel MFSW swap and paddle shifter retrofit DIY for mk5 VW | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum

Users Country Flag
    I usually see them going for around 200-300. I'd advise grabbing a GTI version of the wheel rather than an R32 version, as they usually cheaper and there are fewer compatibility hurdles to jump through.
    No compatibility issues with any of the MKV wheels on any MKV with a DSG.
    And price will usually depend on condition.
    The last 2 R32 wheels I have sold for $350 (they were like new) and the last GTI wheel I sold for $250 and it was all down to the condition of the wheel not the badge.
    Later wheels I have come across seem to have a better quality leather also.
    These fitted to R32s and Pirellis
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by asa572 View Post
    No compatibility issues with any of the MKV wheels on any MKV with a DSG.
    And price will usually depend on condition.
    The last 2 R32 wheels I have sold for $350 (they were like new) and the last GTI wheel I sold for $250 and it was all down to the condition of the wheel not the badge.
    Later wheels I have come across seem to have a better quality leather also.
    These fitted to R32s and Pirellis
    Oh ok, i was told there was some difference due to R32's having different clock springs. If that's incorrect please disregard my previous comments

Users Country Flag

Unscrewed the RC looking antenna and replaced it with a Sharan Bee Sting Antenna!
    -:2007 MK5 GT Sport 1.4TSI DSG:-
    Reflex Silver | Sharan Bee Sting Antenna | Resonator Delete

Page 208 of 222 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast