Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twin reverse light / no red fog diy

Users Country Flag

If you get this wrong in resealing you will end up with condensation inside the light housing. Take your time and be careful.

Nice write up on the wiring.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    If both the fog light still works after the mod, then why take the red filter out. Keeping it "stock" will still provide more light than a single rear bulb.
    I second this, this way only passenger in a car behind will have wet pants...
    2005 Golf V 2.0TDi DSG U/Grey S/roof - SOLD

Users Country Flag
    You're a bad man, makes me think of nasty things to do to tailgaters.....
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Polarbear, I love it! very original, really nice, do you have pics in day light?,

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666 View Post
    The golf is real easy. As soon as you take the rear lights out with 2 nuts unscrewed.. then unscrew 3 screws and light comes apart.. then just unclip the red and clear covers and pry off the clear top cover disc... glue cover disc back in place on both sides. If the lens looks clouded by glue vapor just pour turpentine into the light and swish it around for a while then drain it.. no problem.

I was amazed when I worked out that 1 wire solved all my problems and now I have awesome rear lighting when i reverse and I have not even upgraded the bulbs yet!
    .:Polo 6R 77TSI
    .:Golf MK6 GTI

II Kraftwerk

I did this last night, as well as getting both rear reverse lights to turn on i also wired my inner lights so they both turn on when i switch the fog lights on, it looks so much better.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JarekGTIMK5 View Post
    I did this last night, as well as getting both rear reverse lights to turn on i also wired my inner lights so they both turn on when i switch the fog lights on, it looks so much better.
    I don't have a MKV so I'm not entirely familiar with the light arrangement.

What do you mean by "inner lights". What function do these lights have under normal circumstances? Are they the brake lights or the running lights (parkers)?
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't have a MKV so I'm not entirely familiar with the light arrangement.

What do you mean by "inner lights". What function do these lights have under normal circumstances? Are they the brake lights or the running lights (parkers)?

MKV lights have 2 parts to each side an outer light and an inner light, the normal oem lights dont have any light source for the inner lights and they dont function as anything. However as i have aftermarket leds the inner lights contain led's as well, but before i did this mod i didnt have a source of power to get them running well i did for one side but not for both at the same time, so basically i routed the fog light plug and made two connections in the wire so both sides receive power. So now when i turn my fog lights on both the inner leds at the back turn on, instead of only having the outer lights on, it looks alot better. I'll take some pics this weekend to show you how it looks.

Forgot to add there not brake lights, but if i wanted to i could wire them to be.

Users Country Flag
    make sure your fogs don't 'overpower" the brake lights.

Personally, I'd be going with extra brake lights rather than extra fogs.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Anyone know how to do this via VCDS instead?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast