Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timing Belt & Waterpump Service 105,000 kms

Yup you can just do a regular oil change, the timing belt is done at your discretion. However if the motor blows up it will be needing a reco cylinder head and belt kit at the minimum.
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Snail Style View Post
    Yup you can just do a regular oil change, the timing belt is done at your discretion. However if the motor blows up it will be needing a reco cylinder head and belt kit at the minimum.
    Oh okays, sweet. Is it worth going Volkscare just for a small service checkup? I'm scared they'll start charging me an arm and a leg for anything they can find? How much do you think I'd be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by jaackyy View Post
    Oh okays, sweet. Is it worth going Volkscare just for a small service checkup? I'm scared they'll start charging me an arm and a leg for anything they can find? How much do you think I'd be looking at?
    I note you have a 2006 TDI. VW recommend changing the timing belt every 105,000km or 4 years, whichever elapses first.

As yours is now 8 years old it is probably due for another timing belt.

Boris at Volkscare has always been very upfront and honest with me after several service snow. I'd go with his advice as to what needs doing.

Cheers,
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BeigeJet View Post
    I note you have a 2006 TDI. VW recommend changing the timing belt every 105,000km or 4 years, whichever elapses first.

As yours is now 8 years old it is probably due for another timing belt.

Boris at Volkscare has always been very upfront and honest with me after several service snow. I'd go with his advice as to what needs doing.

Cheers,

Well that's reassuring at least , thanks !
    Mind if I ask, how much was your timing belt service? (I know the major services can be up to 800$ and I just can't afford that so soon after buying the car, rego, insurance etc. )

Quote Originally Posted by jaackyy View Post
    Well that's reassuring at least , thanks !
    Mind if I ask, how much was your timing belt service? (I know the major services can be up to 800$ and I just can't afford that so soon after buying the car, rego, insurance etc. )
    I won't know until tomorrow when its in Volkscare for the major service.

The first one at 105,000k done by a dealership cost $2,388.90 but that included the timing belt and water pump, a new EGR valve and front and rear rotors and pads. .

Boris is much cheaper than a dealership and he uses genuine parts.

Cheers,
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to hijack a thread, anybody know of any good places in Sydney for the same service that won't rip me a new one too? and 2388.90 doesn't sound so bad considering they did brakes all around too!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 5p1k3y View Post
    Sorry to hijack a thread, anybody know of any good places in Sydney for the same service that won't rip me a new one too? and 2388.90 doesn't sound so bad considering they did brakes all around too!
    Camden GTI in Campbelltown is probably closest to you. Not many other choices in the SW. There's a few around Parramatta / Castle Hill.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    I used John at Volkshome in Thomastown in Feb 2015 for a 105k service and timing belt change.

Used them based on what i'd read on here, really pleased with the choice to go with them, nothing felt rushed, and were cheaper than the dealers.

Timing Belt, Water pump + Labour $895
    Lube Service $295 +$95 for new wipers (changed without asking, only -)
    LHF outer CV boot + Labour $150

I'm always abit shocked when I hear of mechanics changing parts or carrying out repairs without getting authorisation first. :S
    Volks Handy
    Servicing - Repairs - Diagnostics - Mobile fault scanning/clearing - A/c work
    10 years experience working for Audi/VW/Skoda
    Now in Perth NOR, Western Australia.

Users Country Flag

Yeah mate, it's the only thing that annoyed me about them, especially as I was on a super tight budget at the time. Kicked myself for not making that point clear beforehand. Otherwise I was really pleased.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast