Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Timing belt..

Users Country Flag

Even the VW Australia printed service section of the owner's manual from my 2010 103TDI Tiguan says 120,000km, the same can be said about 2013 Amarok, and when it comes to 1.9TDI Unit Injector engines the same manual says 150,000km.

Now, you can go by what the dealers are saying and change the timing belt every 7 years or 105,000km whichever comes first or listen to your printed manual which came with your car. Though the question to asked is, isn't that the wast of the resources and ENVIRONMENT many are that concerned about, when you say change the parts more often than needed. Because, I don't remember anyone with the broken timing belt earlie, with exemptions to TDIs in Amarok and the Transporters that was caused by broken accessories belt finding its way inside the timing belt area and derailing the timing belt, which would NOT happen if the worn out Accessories belt was replaced in time or the timing belt cover made properly.

Users Country Flag
    I think the confusion is between the petrol engine (105,000) and the diesel engine (120,000) change interval, in terms of time that is dependent on the operating environment but should not exceed 7 years.
    2.0 TFSI Stage 2 Tune by DriverMotorsport

Users Country Flag
    Petrol and diesel have the same 105/7yrs interval.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Petrol and diesel have the same 105/7yrs interval.
    Yes! In Australia.

Users Country Flag
    Correct, because that's where we are.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Correct, because that's where we are.
    Ok. I see I'll have to spel that in here.

Australia has no harsher conditions than many European countries where they specify 240,000km timing belt replacement

Therefore it seems to me that someone is just taking unfair advantage, just like many years ago the VW Australia had a deal with the oil companies not to supply engine oil VW506.01 and some other oils to any shop or workshop other than VAG dealers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234