Support VWWC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SuperPro Supaloy Control Arms

Users Country Flag

There's a twisting motion at the rear of of the control arm which beats the snot out of a polyureathane bush in this location. They work well when the motion is pure rotation.
    Resident grumpy old fart
    VW - Metallic Paint, Radial Tyres, Laminated Windscreen, Electric Windows, VW Alloy Wheels, Variable Geometry Exhaust Driven Supercharger, Direct Unit Fuel Injection, Adiabatic Ignition, MacPherson Struts front, Torsion Beam rear, Coil Springs, Hydraulic Dampers, Front Anti-Roll Bar, Disc Brakes, Bosch ECU, ABS

If you bought ours (With the black bushes) then we offer a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

We use a harder duro than the regular Superpro ones. We just did a strip down & inspection on our stage 4 Golf & they look like brand new after 6000 race miles.

Take them back to your original supplier & ask for warranty.

Guy, do you just sell the bushes then? Front and rear and hence could you fit your bushes to my LCAs?

No Don - sorry, as the arms also have the matching component (the poly then round metal bush) cast onto the arm - we don't do them separately.

Well that does suck then!!!

Guy, would you class this much amount of movement in the rear bush of the lower control arm normal/acceptable (also note how much the wheel moves in the background!!!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5g...ature=youtu.be

Have your email Don - needs to be checked out, its not the rear bush at all, its something else.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Have your email Don - needs to be checked out, its not the rear bush at all, its something else.
    I thought the rear bush controlled the radial movement (side-to-side, up, down) & the front bush controlled the fore/aft movement?

While prying it with the bar it would be nice to see what is happening at the front part of the LCA.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Prestige and Performance looked at it today. Agreed front bush was no good. They said bring it back next Wed and they'll sort it out from there (not sure what that means but we'll see come next Wed I guess).

Thanks for your help Guy. Greatly appreciated.

Prestige replaced both front bushes (left and right side) today. Apparently there's a new front bush design.....surprise surprise. Car handles so much better now. Just need new tyres and rims now!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast