Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Premium Bluetooth

Some dealers are only offering the $700 option at present it seems.

It's fitted, and it works (sort of...)

Picked up the new Golf VI last night, and after 30mins of playing beside the road, I managed to get the HTC Touch HD paired and working with the rSAP Premium system. The only issue is that whilst it will download the SIM phonebook (one number per contact only), it crashes and disconnects after 60 seconds when trying to download all 350 contacts from my phone address book. It seems like a timeout issue as it only gets about 180 then simply drops the connection. That is not a huge problem though and I'll shrink the contact list and try again.
    The Touch HD shuts down when the system is connected (as expected) and switches back on rapidly when the car is turned off with no user intervention required. I am using the standard Telstra ROM.
    The big issue for me however is that the system only uses the GSM 900/1800 band, not the Next G UMTS 850 band. As such, once you are outside of the city or major regionals the thing has no connection a lot of the time. I pulled over by the side of the Hume last night with "No connection" showing to the VW unit, yet after I turned off the car I instantly had three bars of Next G service on the phone.
    I can't live with that, so I'm going to try the Fiscon "Basic Plus" system. this would seem to have all the same integrated functionality, but in an advanced handsfree profile which uses the phone's own radio.
    Shame about that, should have checked the specs first and saved $2000.

Genuine VW bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by DJY View Post
    Some dealers are only offering the $700 option at present it seems.
    I Have a gen bluetooth kit for sale if anyone is interested $400 it will suit a jetta or golf. This is not the parrot or ego talk kit..
    see the for sale section for more info.
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Premium Bluetooth-25042009256-jpg  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456