Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post

If there are 6 different units available to VW (and people in the know like yourself) - how does Joe blogs (i.e. me) know which one to order?
    The 100% correct way is via VIN number as there are several splits in the part numbers even in the MKV - but remember - you can't do it through the AUS parts system.

We do phones / nav / reverse cameras etc all the time & the only way we can supply the trickier bits is by VIN.

what is the tough part about the integration? Drove a BMW 135i last week otpioend with premium navigation (yes exxy for $4,200) and seamlessly integrated with my Nokia 6233 via bluetooth your contact list comes up on the nav display and all functions work via the steering wheel... You can have up to 4 different phones recognised. Same with a new 200 series Landcruiser I also drove.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    The 100% correct way is via VIN number as there are several splits in the part numbers even in the MKV - but remember - you can't do it through the AUS parts system.

We do phones / nav / reverse cameras etc all the time & the only way we can supply the trickier bits is by VIN.
    So what are VW AUS releasing in July? (one of the 6 options or something different?)
    GTI, Black, 3 door, Manual, Sunroof, Anthracite Leather, RNS510, Premium Bluetooth

So what are VW AUS releasing in July? (one of the 6 options or something different?)

I'm not 100% sure (because the information as you gathered, is hard to come by) - but its not going to be a genuine, european style kit, it will be more of a locally sourced kit with an interface.

Logzy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    I'm not 100% sure (because the information as you gathered, is hard to come by) - but its not going to be a genuine, european style kit, it will be more of a locally sourced kit with an interface.
    That would more than likley mean no MFD interfacing and no RNS510 interfacing.
    POS then IMO.
    Why do VW have to make it so hard, I know its not the dealers its either VW or VW Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Logzy View Post
    In Europe you can get a genuine VW Bluetooth either standard or premium.
    This is not a 3rd party device they are selling. It is proper original VW with a VAG sticker, proper part number, etc.

The difference betewwn them which alot of us are already aware of is that the premium kit uses the RSAP profile and can also do txt messages.
    The premium kit has a IMIE number as it is in itself a phone that borrows the SIM id through the RSAP profile.

Premium therefore is, AFAIK, an official term when it comes to VW bluetooth.

Alot of dealers and accessory fitters here though are using the word premium just to make it sound better. This is whats causing the confusion.

Here is the proper VW standard bluetooth kit
    Here is the proper VW premium bluetooth kit

Hey Logzy - did you install the premium kit as per you're link?

I ask because it says the microphone should be mounted in the roof - where did you put yours? I'm thinking the only place is in the lights console thingy?
    GTI, Black, 3 door, Manual, Sunroof, Anthracite Leather, RNS510, Premium Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Logzy View Post
    That would more than likley mean no MFD interfacing and no RNS510 interfacing.
    POS then IMO.
    Why do VW have to make it so hard, I know its not the dealers its either VW or VW Australia.
    I know VW are strapped for cash, but they surely can't ask $2K for something that doesn't interface MFD or RNS 510

Logzy Guest
    Hey Logzy - did you install the premium kit as per you're link?

I ask because it says the microphone should be mounted in the roof - where did you put yours? I'm thinking the only place is in the lights console thingy?
    Yes the mic is mounted in the roof in the sunglasses holder / light assembly.
    There is a special place for the mic.
    I fitted the kit myself, quite easy.
    See here for the guide i used. Dead easy running the mic, I dont have the sunroof though so that could make it harder

The price I was quoted $2k for was for a kit fully integrated with the RNS 510. Specifically stated was that the kit could link up multiple phones (I suspect one at a time) and that the address book could be scrolled on the screen of the RNS 510.

I don't have the actual words the dealer used with me but I will get them and post them tomorrow.

Steve
    2008 MkV R32 Deep Blue Pearl Effect DSG Sunroof RNS510 Premium Bluetooth (if it ever arrives) Reverse Parking Sensors

I have just been advised by the dealer that the "Premium Bluetooth" will now only cost an addition $300. This makes the total almost $1,300 instead of the almost $2,000 originally quoted.

The "Premium Bluetooth" involved was described as the British VW Premium Bluetooth kit with full integration with the RNS 510.

It will be here in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.
    2008 MkV R32 Deep Blue Pearl Effect DSG Sunroof RNS510 Premium Bluetooth (if it ever arrives) Reverse Parking Sensors

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast