Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium Bluetooth

Dealer Update: As of today we've still had NO news on what bluetooth kit upgrade is going to be sent our way for people with the RNS510 units. Highly frustrating as myself and other consultants here are depserate to get peoples cars working the way they expected them to.

I'll let you all know what info comes our way as soon as it arrives.

getting beyond a joke toyota are offering bluetooth on a 15k yaris...
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Quote Originally Posted by OPVW View Post
    Dealer Update: As of today we've still had NO news on what bluetooth kit upgrade is going to be sent our way for people with the RNS510 units. Highly frustrating as myself and other consultants here are depserate to get peoples cars working the way they expected them to.

I'll let you all know what info comes our way as soon as it arrives.

Interesting - so is my dealer talking sh*t when he says Premium Bluetooth for my RNS510 will be available in July?

Sorry to say this but VW are coming across as complete clusters with the support (lack of) being offered for Premium Bluetooth & RNS 510 in general.
    GTI, Black, 3 door, Manual, Sunroof, Anthracite Leather, RNS510, Premium Bluetooth

Just to help out & help you try to understand how VW AUS works with these things We sell Nav units & accesories including genuine German bluetooth interfaces).

The word "PREMIUM" is not an official term for any bluetooth kit - its a slang word that has been tagged to everything from $100 kits to the $1000 + German kits.

There is a VW Australia official kit which partially integrates with your car - my understanding is it is still based on a Parrot brain, but with a can bus interface. It is sold (and warranted) through VW dealers. As you may see on the forums, its not without its issues. I believe this sells for less than a grand.

We import a "High End" Bluetooth that is actually a stand alone processor & is fitted to some VW's through Europe. There are about 5 versions of this, and they range from around $1100 to about $1800. Some are built by Temic (a division of Siemens / Continental) - some by VDO.

So please don't take it all out on the dealer - VW Australia give them a list of approved accesories to sell with warranty & support & what they are talking about will be a Parrot based unit with a new interface to the can system that supports the RNS 510. It seems that the dealer can only pass on the release dates promised by VW Australia.

Logzy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    The word "PREMIUM" is not an official term for any bluetooth kit - its a slang word that has been tagged to everything from $100 kits to the $1000 + German kits.
    In Europe you can get a genuine VW Bluetooth either standard or premium.
    This is not a 3rd party device they are selling. It is proper original VW with a VAG sticker, proper part number, etc.

The difference betewwn them which alot of us are already aware of is that the premium kit uses the RSAP profile and can also do txt messages.
    The premium kit has a IMIE number as it is in itself a phone that borrows the SIM id through the RSAP profile.

Premium therefore is, AFAIK, an official term when it comes to VW bluetooth.

Alot of dealers and accessory fitters here though are using the word premium just to make it sound better. This is whats causing the confusion.

Here is the proper VW standard bluetooth kit
    Here is the proper VW premium bluetooth kit
    Last edited by Logzy; 27-05-2008 at 02:16 PM.

I wonder if its the same as the Audi Bluetooth unit. We optioned the S3 with the bluetooth and it boasts alot of features that the R32 didn't have. Address book in MFD, numbers come up in MFD etc.

I don't use the parrot system anymore (if somebody was interested in buying it)

Worked very well but was made redundant by the AVC Sat Nav. (Sorry for the thread hijack)

PM if interested in the Parrot - is only 3 months old and works perfectly.

Sorry Logsy,
    The word "premium" does not appear on any one of the 6 different units we have listed for the Can 2.0 - as i said, its done for marketing. (Same as the word "standard" is not used.) just as those links show. if you try to order off VW (a genuine source) a "premium" or "standard" kit, there is no reference to that in any VW parts directory or genuine accesories directory ( I have been selling VW parts since 1984 so I do have a little experience in this area). They simply go off a Vin number & option codes.

I understand what you are saying, the point I was trying to put across is why the VW dealer has the answers that some people dont like.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey78 View Post
    I wonder if its the same as the Audi Bluetooth unit. We optioned the S3 with the bluetooth and it boasts alot of features that the R32 didn't have. Address book in MFD, numbers come up in MFD etc.

I don't use the parrot system anymore (if somebody was interested in buying it)

Worked very well but was made redundant by the AVC Sat Nav. (Sorry for the thread hijack)

PM if interested in the Parrot - is only 3 months old and works perfectly.
    The New S3 uses a similar setup - its genuine, fully integrated into the canbus, you will find its a completely separate ECU located in a big sealed plastic box under the passengers front Carpet. Its a great system. (also good on it being standard in the S3!)

Sorry Logsy,
    The word "premium" does not appear on any one of the 6 different units we have listed for the Can 2.0 - as i said, its done for marketing. (Same as the word "standard" is not used.) just as those links show. if you try to order off VW (a genuine source) a "premium" or "standard" kit, there is no reference to that in any VW parts directory or genuine accesories directory ( I have been selling VW parts since 1984 so I do have a little experience in this area). They simply go off a Vin number & option codes.

I understand what you are saying, the point I was trying to put across is why the VW dealer has the answers that some people dont like.
    VW only have themsleves to blame for the confusion, if they are marketing "premium" Bluetooth (http://www.volkswagen-media-services...tlichkeit.html) then Joe blogs should be able to walk in off the street and say i want premium bluetooth as advertised.

If there are 6 different units available to VW (and people in the know like yourself) - how does Joe blogs (i.e. me) know which one to order?
    GTI, Black, 3 door, Manual, Sunroof, Anthracite Leather, RNS510, Premium Bluetooth

Logzy Guest

Sorry Logsy,

Agree, you need to know the part numbers to order however they still call it a "premium" or standard / normal bluetooth as a descriptive name / way of describing it.
    As can be seen in the link in the above post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast