Thread: New R32 on a Trip

Smile New R32 on a Trip

I have had my R32 for about a fortnight now and have just returned from taking it from Brisbane to Sydney and back over the Easter weekend and thought I imight share the results if you are interested.

When I left Brisbane last Thursday she had around 1050klms on the clock and had the check service that Austral VW in Brisbane offer done the day before.

Just so you know, this was no spirited drive as the boys and girls in blue were everywhere over the weekend especially in NSW. This was a cruise to Sydney and back down the Pacific Highway with some running around down in Sydney.

Anyway on my return the trip computer stats were as follows . . .

Total Driving Time: 30 hours 21 minutes
    Total Distance Travelled: 2,291 klm
    Average Speed 76klm/h
    Average Fuel Consumption: 9.1 L/100klm

I was pretty happy with the consumption certainly better than the WRX it replaced. Nothing about the trip made me regret my decision to get the R32. In fact the opposite is true. It was great for a long drive. Very comfortable even for a big bloke like me.

I had two very minor problems on the trip that did not affect anything.

Firstly, for about half a day the Mute button on the steering wheel stopped working. Came good again of its own accord.

Secondly, the RNS510 stopped at the end of playing a song off the hard disk and would do nothing but repeat that song. It fixed itself by shutting down the car for half an hour over lunch. Just turning off the unit did not fix it as I believe the hard disk keeps spinning if the car is on and for 20 minutes after you shut it down. Whilst the problem was evident satnav was unaffected just playing back from the hard disk.

Nothing to worry about here unless the problems return

Overall extremely happy

Cheers

Steve

LOL Steve, Intermittent problems are the worst kind - they never show themselves when yr trying to lodge a warranty claim

Sounds like a good trip Steve but we need photos
    R32 - Black, 3 door, DSG, sunroof, Pioneer AVIC HD3