Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More power from my mk5 golf

More power from my mk5 golf

Hi,
    Just bought a 07 Golf gti mk5, car already has turbo back exhaust, cold air and front mount intercooler just curious as to what mods I should do for the next step.
    Was thinking bigger injectors, fuel pump and tune, am i on the right path?
    Not to familiar with Euro cars, any recommendations for best vw tuners in Sydney.

Thank you

Users Country Flag
    Tune, fuel pump, injectors, larger turbo.
    In that order
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

thanks

Users Country Flag
    Tune (are you sure there isn't one already?) ... but I'd make sure all the other basic maintenance is done first. Fuel pump follower, PCV, diverter valve, timing belt, etc
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Fuel pump (not the one in the fuel tank, but the high pressure fuel pump which is driven off the inlet camshaft on the engine): Autotech High Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade Kit 2.0T FSI | V-tech Australia | Engineered Performance

And here is a DIY i did a few years ago on how to install the Autotech fuel pump upgrade. Would be a good idea to replace your cam follower (which is a wear item on these cars at the same time) 034 Motorsport High Pressure Fuel Pump Cam Follower – AutoInstruct

As for a tune - are you sure the car doesn't have one already seeing you have a aftermarket exhaust etc? If not, in Sydney you have so many options its not funny. Anything from the DIY tune like Bluefin Superchips for about $700 or so, DNA Tuning for around $900, GIAC or APR for about $1200-1400, or custom tune.

You do not need bigger injectors unless you start playing with bigger turbos.

Users Country Flag
    Thinking about it, the first thing I'd do is fit really sticky tires, stiffen up the torque arm bush and replace the console bushes on the lower control arms with Audi S4 units.

If you can't get the power to the ground then there's no point.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Thanks for the tips guys.
    I forgot to mention the car already has suspension and handling done.
    I've managed to get in contact with previous owner and he has told me car has not been tuned while he had it, he only did the turbo back Milltek exhaust. Other mods were done by previous owner.

Looking at the car abit more the pcv revamp and diverter valve have been done also.

So I will get the car serviced and checked over then if all good:
    Hpfp - is autotech the way to go?
    Rs4 fuel rail pressure valve
    Fuel pump cam follower
    Injectors (I am going to go bigger turbo next) - s3 or rs4 injectors?
    And tune - should I do something like apr or was thinking custom tune from recode mabee.

Thanks again for your help guys.

Another question does anybody do stand alone aftermarket ecu's in there vdubs like haltech etc.
    I'm used to having rotaries and have always used a standalone ecu but haven't found anyone using them in vdubs online.

Users Country Flag
    Don't really need to. The factory ecu is tuneable in most cases. Once you stray away from that, you enter a whole new world of headaches, as the factory ecu communicates with several other modules in the car for numerous functions.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Yeah thanks, I thought that was the reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast