Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MK6 7sp DSG Shifter into MK5! Fingers crossed

Users Country Flag

Yeah, I've gone the Audi way, an easier route with some quidance from my mate Buckets, but if I hadn't I'd be all over that linked shifter mech (thanks asa572)

Waiting for delivery ...
    Last edited by Fatherless One; 01-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzmo View Post
    Hey Buckets where is the link or detail for the Audi one?
    Search eBay for Audi RS6 shift knob, just make sure you get one to suit a right hand drive.
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|

hi guys any one know to to remove that shaft from the shifter coz the plastic pin is locked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Thats a Beautiful sight to see man! well done!
    -:2007 MK5 GT Sport 1.4TSI DSG:-
    Reflex Silver | Sharan Bee Sting Antenna | Resonator Delete

Just recently replaced my day shifter assembly in my MK5 jetta Wolfsburg.. After taking apart the center console I didnt have to time to jack the car up and remove the exhaust and heat sheild.. After looking at it for several hours to find a way around it I did.. The easiest way is after getting the console out and exposing the mechanism itself.. All you have to do is unclip the clip holding the cable to the bracket on the trans. And unbolt from the selector lever and fish it right through the firewall from the inside of the car. And to install the new one reverse the process. Fish it from the I side of the car back through the firewall and back through the bracket. Literally took me 1hour. The hardest part is getting that u shaped clip out make sure to replace it with a new one if u can get one.. Cause u might bend it. Any questions just pm me. Reporting that trim is a beech too.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

How hard is underneath the car part of this job? Need to do it on my R32 but it's complicated by having the propshaft in the way too?
    .:Mk5 R32

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123