Thread: faulty warning lights?

faulty warning lights?

Has anyone had this happen?

I was leaving work and noticed that the ESP OFF and Tyre Pressure warning lights were on. I tried to turn ESP back on, but it wouldnt respond. When I got it home, I turned the car off and on again, but it was still doing it.

This morning, it was fine again.

You may have parked on a stone or a slant to trick the tyre pressure sensor. I'd recommend filling up air pressure in all 4 tyres, then reset the tyre pressure sensor. To reset the sensor, hold the ESP button til it flashes and dings.
    _
    2006 Golf GTI DSG | REVO Stg2+, REVO Stg 1 DSG, X-FORCE TBE, K&N Typhoon CAI, AT HPFP, Forge Twincooler, BSH Stg2+ Catch Can, ECS Mount Insert, DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors

had another one today, though this time, i dont think it was a glitch.

had the car serviced, and this evening the exhaust warning light came on. i checked the engine and found the removeable cover on the air intake boot had come loose. i've snapped it back on but the light remains...

does this fault need to be reset, or does the warning light turn off on its own once the cause of the error is rectified?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NabzGTI View Post
    You may have parked on a stone or a slant to trick the tyre pressure sensor. I'd recommend filling up air pressure in all 4 tyres, then reset the tyre pressure sensor. To reset the sensor, hold the ESP button til it flashes and dings.
    ... ESP button?
    Quote Originally Posted by b0son View Post
    had another one today, though this time, i dont think it was a glitch.

had the car serviced, and this evening the exhaust warning light came on. i checked the engine and found the removeable cover on the air intake boot had come loose. i've snapped it back on but the light remains...

does this fault need to be reset, or does the warning light turn off on its own once the cause of the error is rectified?
    The fault should be cleared as soon as the problem is fixed i.e. the car has had the chance to retest the fault and realise it's back to normal.
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    ... ESP button?

The fault should be cleared as soon as the problem is fixed i.e. the car has had the chance to retest the fault and realise it's back to normal.
    Yes ESP button.. I've never driven a Jetta, but the Golf GTI has an ESP button.
    _
    2006 Golf GTI DSG | REVO Stg2+, REVO Stg 1 DSG, X-FORCE TBE, K&N Typhoon CAI, AT HPFP, Forge Twincooler, BSH Stg2+ Catch Can, ECS Mount Insert, DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors

hmm, my r32 has a button next to the esp to set the pressure (think it says 'set' on it too)
    MKV R32 - no mods..........yet

Quote Originally Posted by *thad* View Post
    hmm, my r32 has a button next to the esp to set the pressure (think it says 'set' on it too)
    OMG, you are totally right. Apologies everyone, I meant to say the "Set" button. Stupid me.
    _

Quote Originally Posted by b0son View Post
    it was completely unrelated to the intake cover. the cam adjustment sensor (?) was faulty. oddly enough, the dealer says there was a sign of previous repair (ie. it had been glued back together rather than replaced by previous dealer mechanic). hopefully thats the last of the gremlins... why does this always happen when you want to sell it....