Support VWWC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mk V Whiteline Swaybar and ALK review

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteline View Post
    A sway bar does not add castor but our Anti lift kit does and what we were talking about.

It changes the position of the rear of the control arm and pushes the wheel slightly forward hence adding castor
    Ah, got you.

We could use some more castor on the prior Polo GTI...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by triode12 View Post
    Thanks for the link to the paper - this would then explain why my car no longer dives into dips and hard turns with the ALK installed. The ALK does both jobs of anti-lift and anti-dive.
    Actually, the ALK is REDUCING your anti-lift/dive so that your wheels can drop into dips through suspension droop rather than the whole car tipping into the dip. It should also make the car more compliant over sharp speed humps.

As for the reduced movement in hard turns, that would be the anti roll bars, not the ALK at work.

Quote Originally Posted by kaanage View Post
    Actually, the ALK is REDUCING your anti-lift/dive so that your wheels can drop into dips through suspension droop rather than the whole car tipping into the dip. It should also make the car more compliant over sharp speed humps.

As for the reduced movement in hard turns, that would be the anti roll bars, not the ALK at work.
    Ah..thanks for clearing that up.

Users Country Flag
    I think I know what Santa is bringing me for Xmas.... I'll take 1 of each please! haha

Great write up btw.
    Daily - MY09 MKV R32 - Deep Pearl Blue
    Family - MY09 Subaru Forester XT - Satin White

Good thread, I only found it while doing a google for "whiteline alk vw" though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123