Support VWWC

Thread: Jetta Digital Speedo on MFD?

Users Country Flag

Jetta Digital Speedo on MFD?

Possible or not possible? I love my car but I am missing my digital readout from my other vehicles.

Users Country Flag
    If it's a MK5 Jetta and not a MK6 version, (mk5 red MFD, mk6 white MFD) than no sorry.

Full height red MFD's can display speed (the real speed, along with oil temp, fuel L, etc) with a Kufatec add-on box.

Users Country Flag
    Correct. The Kufatec E-MFA add-on displays digital speed, oil temp, water temp, battery volts and a choice between engine RPM or litres left in the tank. Turbo cars have other choices. The one I have in my 3C Passat is also suitable for Mk 5 Golf/Jetta. I love it. One of the best mods I've made. The only downside is the add-on display has to be manually selected every time you start the car.

Jetta Digital Speedo on MFD?-img_5417-jpg

Also, I believe the digital speedo is more accurate. At 60 km/h indicated on the analogue speedo, digital display says 58 km/h. At 100 km/h indicated on analogue speedo, digital display says 96. Now I set my cruise control at 106 believing I'm doing an actual 102.
    More details here:

https://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/e-mf...st-oil-battery
    2007 Passat B6 3.2 litre V6 4Motion | Granite Grey | standard 17" Solitude wheels | tow bar
    Mods: R36 steering wheel | HP DQ250 DSG tune | HPA Haldex performance controller | Koni sports yellow shocks | Eibach springs | H&R sway bars | Whiteline ALK | Kufatec E-MFA add on | Garage door button | Warning triangle retrofit | Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003s

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 3C4M Guy View Post
    Correct. The Kufatec E-MFA add-on displays digital speed, oil temp, water temp, battery volts and a choice between engine RPM or litres left in the tank. Turbo cars have other choices. The one I have in my 3C Passat is also suitable for Mk 5 Golf/Jetta. I love it. One of the best mods I've made. The only downside is the add-on display has to be manually selected every time you start the car.

Also, I believe the digital speedo is more accurate. At 60 km/h indicated on the analogue speedo, digital display says 58 km/h. At 100 km/h indicated on analogue speedo, digital display says 96. Now I set my cruise control at 106 believing I'm doing an actual 102.
    More details here:

super cool, so tempted but told myself I wouldn't spend anymore on my car after the K04........
    K04 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by 3C4M Guy View Post

More details here:

This looks really interesting - how was the install?

Users Country Flag
    Go buy a ~$15 OBD2 Bluetooth dongle from ebay, plug it into your OBD2 port under your steering wheel and download 'Torque' for android. That can display your real digital speed on your phone. So just mount your phone on your windscreen or dashboard and you'll basically have the same thing.

Users Country Flag
    The Polar FIS+ is similiar to the Kufatec one, but it's much more featured.

It allows customisation of the screens and it also does basic feature enablement, like a mini VAG-COM

Users Country Flag

That said, you can always do the old diagnostic mode on the HVAC panel. Channel 19 from memory.