Support VWWC

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: How much did you pay for your Jetta/Golf?

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorp View Post
    Why not buy a GTI over a MKVI Golf?
    to be honest we had not looked at that option... time to investigate .. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POLARBEAR666 View Post
    That is a LOAD of options which are jacking up your price massively.

Ditch most of that stuff, just buy an aftermarket AVC head unit, it will do the bluetooth and GPS DVD IPOD INPUT etc and more. for $900.

Then just get tint done yourself for $200 cash instead of like $500-700 from stealer.

Alarm is also a waste. They won't steal these types of cars without keys usually and everyone ignores alarms in general public.

Mats should be free so don't attach any value to them in transaction. Same goes for full tank of fuel. Mandatory.
    Yep you are right it's the options which are making this sucker so high. We do not need the park assist,alram,mdi which comes to a lot... but it's hard to find a dealer that has one of these in stock.. so you guys think i hould keep looking ?

thanks again
    Last edited by WEDEL.1; 27-04-2009 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Editing Quote

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by freebo View Post
    Hey maca, not an option but was listed on the sales quote..
    A well known sales strategy to add perceived value.
    ~*~ Karen ~*~

For me - MY09 Jetta TDI manual
    For the child - 2009 Polo TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    to be honest we had not looked at that option... time to investigate .. thanks
    Yeah, I think you are getting too "sucked in" by the options.

At the end of the day, your car will be less powerful than a GTI and although it is the new MKVI, I think the resale value of the GTI will still be better than the golf. The 118TSI 0-100km/h 8.00seconds. GTI 0-100km/h 6.9seconds.

At the moment, you should be able to pick up an awesome deal on a GTI. I just bought a Golf GTI Pirelli, 5 Door, Black with Rear Sensors for $46,000. Which is absolutely unbelievable! It uses the same engine as the Audi S3. I could almost guarantee you, that once you sat and drove one of these you wouldn't even look at the 118TSI again. Being a limited edition car, with special finishes such as the interior and Pirelli P-zero tyres, it will hold its value very well as it will not be directly affected by the GTI MKVI (well, at least in my opinion) because it is still a different car. The new GTI MKVI is 155kW vs 169kW on the Pirelli.

Remember you can retrofit the options later on. Rear Sensors can be added, SAT Nav, Bluetooth, MDI etc..

That's my $0.02. Interested to hear what you think.
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorp View Post
    Yeah, I think you are getting too "sucked in" by the options.

At the end of the day, your car will be less powerful than a GTI and although it is the new MKVI, I think the resale value of the GTI will still be better than the golf. The 118TSI 0-100km/h 8.00seconds. GTI 0-100km/h 6.9seconds.

At the moment, you should be able to pick up an awesome deal on a GTI. I just bought a Golf GTI Pirelli, 5 Door, Black with Rear Sensors for $46,000. Which is absolutely unbelievable! It uses the same engine as the Audi S3. I could almost guarantee you, that once you sat and drove one of these you wouldn't even look at the 118TSI again. Being a limited edition car, with special finishes such as the interior and Pirelli P-zero tyres, it will hold its value very well as it will not be directly affected by the GTI MKVI (well, at least in my opinion) because it is still a different car. The new GTI MKVI is 155kW vs 169kW on the Pirelli.

Remember you can retrofit the options later on. Rear Sensors can be added, SAT Nav, Bluetooth, MDI etc..

That's my $0.02. Interested to hear what you think.
    hello DeanCorp

You make some interesting points here @ the end of the day it's the options that are bumping up the car.

I'm now going to go and ring around and see who was a GTI in stock I can drive. I also think i will call the dealer and let them know I'm not going ahead until I get more info as I do think they are taking me for a ride...

hope to come back soon Deancorp so I can reply to come of your top comments.. thanks for the heads up...

Users Country Flag
    hello DeanCorp

You make some interesting points here @ the end of the day it's the options that are bumping up the car.

I'm now going to go and ring around and see who was a GTI in stock I can drive. I also think i will call the dealer and let them know I'm not going ahead until I get more info as I do think they are taking me for a ride...

hope to come back soon Deancorp so I can reply to come of your top comments.. thanks for the heads up...
    Great looking forward to hearing about the test drive.
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jettapilot View Post
    A well known sales strategy to add perceived value.
    Well I left the showroom with just under half .. But considering the price, it didn't bother me..
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

i looked at the GTi.. tho i found a remapped TDi much more fun.. and at half the fuel consumption i dont feel bad about putting my foot down

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    i looked at the GTi.. tho i found a remapped TDi much more fun.. and at half the fuel consumption i dont feel bad about putting my foot down
    Good to see...leave those GTI guys behind in a cloud of soot

I have $36000 to spent on a GTI what year should that money buy me in NSW. I really want leather and DSG. Is the 3 door built in Germany proven to be any better build quality than the 5 door?

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast