Thread: Help suspension advice MKV R32 VIC

Users Country Flag

Help suspension advice MKV R32 VIC

Hi all,

I went to fulcrum today for a wheel alignment and to finally find out what this ticking/clunking noise is when I brake and go over speed humps.

Turns out the car has a tendency to pull left and the only way to dial the alignment and the castor issues is to get a anti lift kit? I run oettingers but close to stock spec (18" with 45 offset). The are balanced and tyres at 80%.

What is frustrating is 6 months ago I just had the lower control arm bushes replaced but fulcrum say I need the whole kit (both arm bushes) which comes in the kit.

They still can't find where that noise comes from! They took it for a drive went over the whole suspension I maintain it might be the strut top bearing.

Any thoughts advice from fellow r32 owners?

Also any links to well priced h&r gear as I still wish to go full street coilovers with front and rear sway bars

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The noise is probably coming from the subframe/control arms after being removed and replaced.
    Google Tyrolsport Deadset Ridgid Subframe Kit.
    I had to fit one after replacing the engine in my golf as no matter which bolts I replaced or re tightened the ticking/clicking or clunking would stop.
    This solved it.
    MKV Sportsline Soot Belcher
    MKV Jetta FSI DSG

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by asa572 View Post
    The noise is probably coming from the subframe/control arms after being removed and replaced.
    Google Tyrolsport Deadset Ridgid Subframe Kit.
    I had to fit one after replacing the engine in my golf as no matter which bolts I replaced or re tightened the ticking/clicking or clunking would stop.
    This solved it.
    Thanks mate I think your right there on the noise issues I was going to order the dead set kit and 34 strut top mounts to be sure.

As for new anti lift kit Im at a loss as I'm told this is the only fix for the cars alignment issues?

Quote Originally Posted by spec32 View Post
    Thanks mate I think your right there on the noise issues I was going to order the dead set kit and 34 strut top mounts to be sure.

As for new anti lift kit Im at a loss as I'm told this is the only fix for the cars alignment issues?

UPDATE:

ended up getting a superpro anti lift kit and complete bushing kit PLUS tyrol dead set kit......holy crap what a difference, I feel like i have been robbed of handling now. No noises BUT it ended up being the spring clip in the caliper?

Been looking now at koni fsd plus neuspeed springs or kw SHS coilovers anybody had experience with these on a R32? Yes i read the white james review...

Or better yet a good place to get these shipping from the states atm is BS