Thread: Help Need radio code urgently ...

Users Country Flag

Help Need radio code urgently ...

Hi all,

Can anyone here help me with a code for my RCD510?

I'm about to trade my car in and I'm going to remove the Bluetooth module before I do (as they're offering me next to nothing for the car).

I did have the code as I installed the unit myself but I can't find the card it was written on.

Thank in advance guys (and girls)

Alan 0499115353

Users Country Flag
    You won't need the code unless you move the RCD to another car.
    Disconnecting it won't cause it to prompt you for the code.
    If you do need the code later get in touch with a dealership and give them the serial number of the unit.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    You won't need the code unless you move the RCD to another car.
    Disconnecting it won't cause it to prompt you for the code.
    If you do need the code later get in touch with a dealership and give them the serial number of the unit.
    Thanks pal,

You've put my mind at ease

Nope, it's asking for the code.

The local dealer here on the Gold Coast won't help unless I have proof of ownership of the head unit which I don't as I bought it second hand from this forum years ago.

I'm stuck.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherless One View Post
    Nope, it's asking for the code.

The local dealer here on the Gold Coast won't help unless I have proof of ownership of the head unit which I don't as I bought it second hand from this forum years ago.

I'm stuck.
    Volkswagen radio code

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks again, after I relocked the car and a few minutes later reinserted the keys the lock screen was gone and radio back to normal.

Emergency averted