Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dump Pipes

Users Country Flag

Dump Pipes

I intend to change my dump to something more free flowing and with only one high flow cat. I don't like the look of the Xforce dump as the cat is too close to the turbo for my liking. I've seen all the big brand dumps which I'm sure are a great product but I'd rather not have to sell a kidney to afford one of them.

I found this thread dump pipes - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com which has some good info and pics of the OEM dump.

What dump are you running, what brand or did you have one made and at what cost ?
    MY08/DSG/Recode Stage 1 Remap/161.7kw/Eurojet DP.

Users Country Flag
    Thats a good link that... I still shudder when I see the design of the standard dump pipe! Make sure you get a re-tune when you get your new dumpy bro.

APR S2/Whiteline/H&R/Enkei/Carbonio/13.68@101/Winton-1:44.52

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by adzy View Post
    Make sure you get a re-tune when you get your new dumpy bro.
    Yep, I will be logging the current tune and if need be things will be fine tuned accordingly.

So many views, so little replies. Surely you guys have a plethora of dumps out there.

i run the custom eurospeed downpipe which cost pretty big money but its a quality downpipe and made by an ex-v8 engineer. A good cheap option is the eurojet one from ECS which would be around $700ish landed which is a 3inch and has inbuilt o2 spacers so the CEL won't appear, i woulda went with this option originally but the damn eurospeed boys talked me into this hahaha

Thanks paolob. Just the sort of info I'm after. I had a look on the ECS website at the Eurojet dump you speak of. About $580AU + freight. Not bad. Are you running the OEM zorst from the dump back ? How are the noise levels and have you lost torque down low and gained some up top.

Cheers.

i am running the eurospeed downpipe with an ARQRAY catback. Can't really tell how much low end torque i have lost because i already noticed i lost low end torque with my intake, but with the whole system at WOT, it is STUPID FAST! but thats because my car is maxed out. When i ran just the catback it sounds just like stock but has more bass, now with the downpipe, it roars on WOT, i love it!

"STUPID FAST" sounds good. I had a look at ARQRAY website also. NICE!!! No dump pipe though. I'd really like to hear from anyone who is running an aftermarket dump with their OEM rear section. Interested in noise levels and if it effected torque in the lower rpm range. Having owned a very noisy wrx for many years I don't want to go there again.

why dont u like the cat being close to the turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by VWTechOP View Post
    why dont u like the cat being close to the turbo?
    Less restriction near the turbo is best. Further away the better. If you look at the Milltek dump for example and most of the other name brands the cat is some distance from the turbo. Also I think moving it further down the system is better as it takes some heat away from the engine bay. I may be wrong on this so happy to be corrected.

Users Country Flag

Contact shinygti here on VWW.
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast