Thread: Amplifier in MY08 GTI

Amplifier in MY08 GTI

First of all...Hi everybody!! Finally registered after watching this forum since I got my car which was in Nov 07 lol

Here's my question, and I doubt it will be too trivial. The VW sound package comes standard with the GTIs (I didn't get sat nav), and it should include a 250W amp, however many have said that it is located under the front passenger seat. I've looked many times and I don't have one under the seats, could it be installed somewhere else? I always though that amps needed to be vented. I'm taking my car in for service in a couple of weeks and I brought it up and this is what I got

Service guy: Where did you get the information about the amp.
    Me: I've read it on some forums and I'm pretty sure it's on the VWA website
    Service guy: Sometimes the information you get from the internet is general worldwide specs that get released and not necessarily available in Austalia.
    Me: (Duh that's why i looked at the VW AUSTRALIA website)

So I went to the website again and checked the spec sheet...and yes it suppose to have a 250w amp in there.

So please if anyone can verify/advice etc, pics would help so I can show the dealer the pic and spec sheet.

Thanks in advance.
    MY08 GTI - DSG, Leather, Xenons = Bucket Loads of FUN

hmm, the amp is pretty small. if you slide the passenger seat all the way back, you'll see there's a plastic moulding which actually covers the amp. i'll take a pic and post it tonight......
    Service guy: Where did you get the information about the amp.
    This is classic VW dealer question when a feature is missing from the car.

Here is a pic from above with the seat removed. You'll see black plastic part at the front under the seat and with it all the way back will be able to see the back of the unit. You can remove the plastic part by lifting the tabs at the back and tilting it forwards.

Excellent, thanks for your help and quick response guys.
    MY08 GTI - DSG, Leather, Xenons = Bucket Loads of FUN