Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airbag woes

Users Country Flag

All the cables appear secure, none are loose.

I'm actually a bit worried now, as the car appears to have no power whatsoever and the battery tests fine.

Will put the battery back in and see if the headlights work, meaning accessories are working atleast.

Users Country Flag
    Ok so, no headlight power means power related.

So after 20 minutes of pulling cables, tracing cables, cleaning terminals etc.... its... All sorted!

I was fidgeting about with the battery cable and it was kinda pinching down below the battery holder so I moved it to the side, reconnected the terminals, key in the ignition and it was all systems go.. That wonderful moment when a car starts first go after you've been troubleshooting everything you can think of for the past 2 days on and off.... Total and absolute... BLISS. I presume it wobbled lose at Austral when they undoubtedly pulled the battery and did whatever the hell they did for 2hrs and $660....

No more airbag fault.
    Replaced the faulty parker light (3 attempts as my first 2 spares from my original set were both miraculously busted) switched off the cruise control light, the bulb light, EPS traction light blinks again, and now its just the PS light on, which according to the manual comes on after a battery has been replaced and goes away after a few hundred metres of driving above 20km/h...... so hopefully once I take it for a drive around the block tonight, the PS light will go out also.

Now all I need to do is get my Sat Nav unit PIN CODE!
    Last edited by nsxadrenalin; 11-05-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    The connector itself, causes a higher-than-tolerable resistance in the circuit.

Common fault across a lot of VWs. The usual fix is to remove the connector from the wiring, and re-join the wires using two small patch leads, which are high-quality crimp connectors with heatshrink coating on them. I have the part number somewhere. When I find it, I'll post it here for those playing at home.

As VDUB mentioned, if this doesn't cure it, you could be up for a seat airbag assembly.
    OK I have finally removed the last of the 4 yellow connectors (2 per front seat) and after connecting the battery back up still have the airbag light on all the time. So, do I now need to get the fault code cleared or something?

Users Country Flag
    Yes.. you need vw or VCDS to erase the fault to clear the light after your repair...VDUB...
    VOLKSWAGEN TECHNICIAN - 16 YEARS OF PAIN..
    VCDS CODING- FAULT DIAGNOSIS - PRE PURCHASE INSPECTIONS- REPAIRS
    9W2 BT KITS -$300 - 9W7 BT KITS - $450 - CANBUS UPGRADE $150
    BRISBANE / GOLD COAST

Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubmotorworx View Post
    when your dash died did it crank over..start for 2 seconds and then stop? ..indicating a immobilizer fault?.. VDUB....
    Mine does that, what's the best fix?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123