Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60000km service coming up and still no issues.

central coast. Lake Macquarie. (Not Port Macquarie.)

60000km service coming up and still no issues.

As title suggests still after 60000km and its 5th birthday in November I have not
    had to make one warranty claim during the warranty period, still no rattles or squeaks
    and still running the original tyres which look like I will get to 100000k's easy.

Total fuel consumption since new is now running at 4.7 L/100km.(TDI)
    95% freeway running.
    Tyres @ 40 psi all round.
    Never used a drop of oil/water.
    DSG still as smooth as the day I picked it up.
    No stone chips to paint or window.
    No scratches.
    No gutter rash.

Think I got a good one guy's.

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    As title suggests still after 60000km and its 5th birthday in November I have not
    had to make one warranty claim during the warranty period, still no rattles or squeaks
    Never used a drop of oil/water.
    DSG still as smooth as the day I picked it up.

Think I got a good one guy's.
    now, if only VW could try making a few more like that....

Users Country Flag
    That one's a keeper!

I have dealt with a couple that have had over 200,000klms on them, with no major issues. Warranty history was only ever campaigns and other trivial little things.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I will up you on that one, 130k service is due next month and pretty much every service item has been wear & tear items. Her 6th birthday was last month
    MKV GTI

Users Country Flag
    mine is still awesome after 82k kms... had her 2nd birthday in november last year...
    never used much oil either although my consumption is 8.3l/100km... same with the rattles and squeaks... although i'm on my third set of tyres... soon to be fourth once i do the next 2 track days...

congrats on getting an awesome machine!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    still no rattles or squeaks
    No stone chips to paint or window.
    Wow! I wish mine was like that!

Users Country Flag
    Well done, look after the car and, surprise, it will look after you. We also approach 60,000.
    Only a few minor issues with trim, wish i had bought one with anti-gutter rash and chip-free.
    We are running 34 PSi, up from the 28-30 the dealer advised, and probably not going a lot further on those tyres.
    I have also noticed that our fuel consumption seems to have improved recently. Saw 1,000DTE for the first time recently some 50 kays after filling.
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI

A bit late joining this thread but my TDI is approaching 60,000km in the seventh year of ownership.Mine has also has been trouble free with no warranty work & just normal service. I had to add oil a couple of times in the first two years but now nothing extra needed between changes. The original Goodyears barely lasted 50,000 so I now I have fitted Michelin Pilots so hoping for better this time.
    The original feeling I had when I bought the car hasn't worn off, I still love it & will be keeping it.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag
    Just had the 60,000 service done at three years, so we are a 20,000k a year user and very happy. Tyres need replace but no issues. Oil used, according to the report Castrol edge Prof 5W-30, which is I presume in spec . Question, is there a specific WV oil import product?
    MY09 Golf Candy White 2.0 TDI Pacific
    MY95 Golf III TDI

Users Country Flag

Great to see a "good news" thread.

Our TDI is "only" 3.5 years old, 35000kms and no issues other than a leaky oil return pipe/hose from the turbo which was fixed under warranty.

The 1.9 TDI motor was reflashed very early in it's life. I've been using 2Stroke Oil for 12 months now, and it's running well.

It has towed a camper trailer from Adelaide to Perth & return for the 2011 Bug-In with no problems.

So far, so good!!

Maris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast