Support VWWC

Thread: PCV My08 GTI

Exclamation PCV My08 GTI

I think mine is faulty, to test people say remove and shake it if it rattles it's ok, another is to blow through one end and if it doesn't go through it's ok, can anyone confirm the above as mine rattles ok. I have a P0441, fault for months.
    But now my car makes a crazy screeching noise.

Also can anyone recommend either Forge, BSH, or OEM version G (i currently have F) and where to purchase in Perth??
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    On a conventional PCV, yes those tests would work.

The way to test one on the GTI is to feel/hear if it's leaking. Unfortunately, this involves removing the engine cover/airbox, and trying to get it to run without it.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

one of the other tests was to try and remove the oil cap with the engine on idle, it should be really hard to do if faulty, mine came off easy, drove it carefully to VW, they looked at it quickly and said no it's not the PCV, so I had to leave it with them to check it out sounds like a tensioner on one of the belts, btw I had all my belts inc timing replaced under warranty at 36,000kms 2 years ago, its now just under 60K kms so if it is a belt issue I expect it should be covered.
    I was almost certain my PCV went though, ......just came across this on youtube from another guy, sounds the same:

2007 VW Golf GTI MK5 MKV DSG noise in engine - YouTube

here is mine
    Mk5 GTI my08 engine whistle noise video 2 - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Hi Youngc29,

Did you find out what the problem was?
    I have the same screeching noise at the moment on my 2008 Gti

Your help with this same experience would be appreciated

Cheers

Users Country Flag

Screech on shut down? Running like crap? Hissing noise at idle from under the airbox/engine cover? Most likely a PCV.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0