Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 GT Sport TDI, 2nd hand

Quote Originally Posted by mikk@ View Post

Gearbox : 6sp dry clutch - MUST have oil and filter replaced with the correct oil and EXACTLY the right amount of oil.
    A typo perhaps? I'm sure you meant wet clutch.

Cheers

George
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

MK5 Golf's are not Common Rail. They are PD (Pump Deuse, or however it's spelt). Although they have failings, as any car does.
    They are damn good cars, Powerful and economical. I had mine since new and it has been pretty reliable. with few failings and
    one recently. Starting with Fuel pump early in it's life. Injector loom replacement, DPF failure, which was a good excuse to upgrade.
    Thus giving more power and economy. Other than that and recently a Blocked Fuel Filter (Filter done it's job. Protecting engine).
    Fixed this myself as it left me stranded and was an easy fix. Advice from VW, was they had seen this before and only in Australia?
    Apparently we are the only Country that puts DYE in our Diesel fuel? In Modern diesels (particularly PD), the fuel gets hot. It is
    supposed that the DYE drops out of suspension with the fuel. Causing potential issues, (blocked filters and fuel pumps).
    Specifically the pump before the filter, being submerged in Tank.

Mine being a 2008 GT TDI DSG in Black. Less than 190,000Km. I have had it since new and are considering selling it. She has had
    a few upgrades, Stereo, Exhaust, performance. Unfortunately I am in VIC but I have not decided if to pass it on yet, only considering
    it at this point. I have owned her since new and are thinking it's time for a change (Maybe, back to 4WD's for a while)? If interested,
    maybe we can talk, I'm in no rush.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12