Thread: Wiper issues - rain sensor and rear stutter

Wiper issues - rain sensor and rear stutter

I have an '07 VRS wagon. Recently, the windscreen wipers have become faulty in auto mode - when they are set to detect rain and function automatically.
    The sensor detects rain and starts the wipers normally, however usually after a short period of light rain, the speed increases (to full-on torrential speed) and doesn't reduce in speed unless changed to manual operation.. it's frustrating as I'm used to them functioning as they should do!
    Also, probably unconnected, but the rear wiper is operating poorly, especially in wet weather Wiper issues - rain sensor and rear stutter, either 'stalling' in random positions or stuttering across the screen.
    Any suggestions?
    I'm going to check fuses, and look into relays and dirty connectors. Assuming that the windscreen sensor may be to blame for the front wiper issues.
    Would like to get this sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The rear one probably needs replacing and the glass cleaned properly My Polo does that and even new blades didnt stop it till I claybarred it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Best way to clean glass is lots of soap and a very fine Steel wool, not the pot scrubbing one.
    Was a Detailer in a past life.
    ie: SCA Steel Wool - Supercheap Auto
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag

The slightest bubble of air between the sensor and the windscreen, and your autro wipers will play up. So too you need to keep the glass over the sensor super clean for it to work properly. I had my windscreen replaced and there is a small bubble on the edge of my sensor and my auto function is now screwy. I'll have to sort it as it;s a pain to have no intermittent option on our gizmo ridden cars.

Oh just give me a hyundai i20 intermittent wiper option over this auto crap.....
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.