Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Octavia today?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    I dont have a boost gauge yet but yeah seat of pants dyno suggests it holds boost better too
    Remember to allow for different air densities when calibrating your butt....

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Fitted dv+ today, pretty nice piece of kit. Nothing wrong with my stock dv but biggest thing i noticed is very little loss of boost during gear shifts meaning u can get on it again pretty quick.
    How hard is it to install this part? (Like how much mechanical knowledge / confidence do I need) I was thinking of ordering one of these, an inlet pipe from air box to throttle body and a turbo muffler delete and put them all in at once as a job lot, but not sure if I've got the skills to do it.

Also will get you a pic of my car lowered, soon, just need to clean it first (little embarrassed at the state of it)
    Vehicle of choice: Skoda Octavia RS Combi (Black Magic)
    Previously: Volkswagen Jetta MY12 118tsi 6spd Manual (written off)
    Reason to get up in the morning: Secondary school teacher

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman20 View Post
    How hard is it to install this part? (Like how much mechanical knowledge / confidence do I need) I was thinking of ordering one of these, an inlet pipe from air box to throttle body and a turbo muffler delete and put them all in at once as a job lot, but not sure if I've got the skills to do it.

Also will get you a pic of my car lowered, soon, just need to clean it first (little embarrassed at the state of it)
    Extremely easy you'll need to remove/ move your air intake out of the way to make some room to work. but all in all a 30min job MAX. I suggest using a little bit of blu tack to keep the screws on the allan key while lining them up and screwing them in cos its really easy to drop and lose them that's about the only fiddly part but blu tack made it a breeze.
    1999 Golf GTi - SOLD
    2005 Golf GTI (2 Door) - SOLD
    2014 Octavia RS400 Combi
    1997 Golf GTI (Daily/Track Hack)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    remember to allow for different air densities when calibrating your butt....
    lmao!!!
    1999 Golf GTi - SOLD
    2014 Octavia RS400 Combi

Users Country Flag
    Gave her a bath this arvo.... Love the colour and wheel combo when it's clean. Been using a new wash called "Body Gel" from Bowdens. Aussie made and it's awesome.....What did you do to your Octavia today?-img_4720-jpgWhat did you do to your Octavia today?-img_4722-jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice!

Quartz grey was one of my preferred colours (along with moon white or candy white) . Ended up with a candy white one, as that's what came up at my local dealer. I love the white, but it's a sod to keep clean...
    MY 22 Superb Sportline Wagon. Moon White.
    1985 BMW K100RS in JPS racing livery
    2019 BMW R1250GS Exclusive

Users Country Flag
    That looks good Martyboy
    K_Rider I have to agree with you on that one. Hence the reason I've ordered the Mudflaps in an attempt to keep the car cleaner for longer Also bugs and Tar show up really badly on white. I'm planning to detail the car in a few weeks once the rain starts easing up.

In other news Washed the car and the paint flaked off one of the Headlight washers WTF?? so i need to now get that resprayed. Also I couldn't get the bolts on the towbar loose so I could remove it to fit my new Rieger rear valance FML. Tried breaker bar, soaking in CRC as well as using the handle of my floor jack with the breaker bar for extra leverage no go. So will take it in to the shop and hopefully their impact wrench can break it free.
    1999 Golf GTi - SOLD
    2014 Octavia RS400 Combi

Users Country Flag
    I couldn't find a "What did a wombat do to your Octavia today?" so I thought this was the next most appropriate thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Octavia today?-wombat-rs1-1-jpg   What did you do to your Octavia today?-wombat-rs2-2-jpg  

Ouch ... that sux.

Did the wombat have insurance ?
    RS
    R

Oh...the pain!! How long have you had your RS for?
    Somebody managed to scratch mine the day I picked the car up. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off about it ��

Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast