Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WA Dealership Closes

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    You may as well piss into a Southerly buster for all the good it will do.
    You may be correct but how can we expect service to improve unless we direct our criticism to those who may be in a position to do something about it, rather than just filling forum pages such as this with our complaints.

While I am very happy with the vehicle and believe it was ultimately worth the wait, I can't recommend Skodas to friends unless they find one at the dealership (only one now in Perth) or online interstate that matches their desired specifications.

Given personal testimonials are the best way to increase sales, experiences such as mine aren't the best way to increase sales in Australia. Still, Michael Irmer probably thinks Skoda's languishing sales in OZ will be solved by the forthcoming large SUV scheduled to arrive sometime in 2017. That is if there are any remaining Skoda dealerships by then.

AHG in Perth has just stopped selling Skodas in Perth at the end of June and instead has this week spent close to $60 million buying the Western Australian Mercedes franchises. What does that say about Skoda Australia?
    New Arrival: 2015 Skoda Octavia vRS TSI DSG Combi (MY15) | Black Magic Pearl| Tech Pack with RVC | Comfort Pack | 18" Black Turini Wheels | Auto Boot | Panoramic Sunroof | Chrome Pack | Alarm | Extended Warranty Ordered 31/05/14 Collected 6/6/15
    Gone: 2005 Honda Accord Euro | Metallic Silver | 2.4L 4cyl MT

Users Country Flag
    If it makes you feel better then go for it. Everything you say is perfectly logical but you are speaking English & Skoda speak Swahili.

As a Skoda owner of 7 years (tomorrow!) I can assure you that nothing will change as long as the focus is on VW capturing market share.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

The newest dealership here in Melbourne (a reasonably large group) have said that VW are pretty much flat in Oz and VWA are putting effort into growing Audi and Skoda, quite often together to get more traction.

I think that combo works for dealerships like Richmond and the Toowoomba sites as it means they aren't treading on toes as closely as a VW/SKoda dealership would.

Different times to 2007 when Skoda launched. I've sent things to the prior bosses and got nothing back, but go for it if you feel like it.

Users Country Flag
    sorry to resurrect an old thread......I picked my Vrs Wagon up in May last year from Melville (bought on a novated lease through work). I remember the sales guy (Nick...I think) telling me about the impending closure of the skoda franchise there....he told me that a delegation from VAG had been over to Oz and were not in the slightest bit impressed with what they found at Mellville, namely other (not skoda) 2nd hand veh's in the skoda showroom up for sale, and the showroom itself needing slightly more than a new coat of paint to make it look half decent. There was allegedly an ultimatum....spend some serious cash and fix it, or we pull the franchise off you.

back on point....im going to be coming up to first service in a few months and am struggling with where to take it. I'm not a big fan of barbagello for a multitude of reasons, many of which can be found on threads in this forum.
    Anyone have any ideas or news/rumours on potential new dealerships? Im going to chance to my arm and start ringing VW/audi dealerships and see if any of them are willing to undertake the servicing.

Users Country Flag
    Give WA Euro a call for a service! Had mine at 15,000kms and soon at 30,000kms in a few weeks!

https://www.facebook.com/WAEuro/?fref=ts

Highly recommend and he comes to you! He's worked on VW's for a few many years including AUDI and ze other Germans. One of the best guys out there and better than a dealership!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Also, Skoda Osb Park are very good at what they do.

Melville on the other hand were horrible....
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Quote Originally Posted by sutty451 View Post
    sorry to resurrect an old thread......I picked my Vrs Wagon up in May last year from Melville (bought on a novated lease through work). I remember the sales guy (Nick...I think) telling me about the impending closure of the skoda franchise there....he told me that a delegation from VAG had been over to Oz and were not in the slightest bit impressed with what they found at Mellville, namely other (not skoda) 2nd hand veh's in the skoda showroom up for sale, and the showroom itself needing slightly more than a new coat of paint to make it look half decent. There was allegedly an ultimatum....spend some serious cash and fix it, or we pull the franchise off you.

back on point....im going to be coming up to first service in a few months and am struggling with where to take it. I'm not a big fan of barbagello for a multitude of reasons, many of which can be found on threads in this forum.
    Anyone have any ideas or news/rumours on potential new dealerships? Im going to chance to my arm and start ringing VW/audi dealerships and see if any of them are willing to undertake the servicing.
    I take mine to VW Wangara, I was impressed with customer service there and they were keen to service it no problems at all. They confirmed the oil used was to spec, give you full checklist to VW spec. Shouldn't be any problems with Skoda trying to weasel out of warranty claims and they had an account with my lease company. You might find going to independent service won't have account with lease companies or the fleet manager will only approve factory dealers. PM me if you want details of service rep I had she was very nice. They even checked wheel alignment and didnt make me pay for it as it wasn't needed, gave full print out of measurements.

My car was sold by Nick, I actually found him good very friendly, genuine and not pushy. Offered me a test drive months before I was ready to buy and he knew it - impressed. Usually, sales guys either not interested or completely pushy. I didn't realise e reasons for closing - I agree that the premises was very average but compare their service to Barbagallo sales rep I had and worlds apart. I was ready to buy twice in last 4 years and both times the sales rep turned me right off with lazy, unfriendly and unhelpful service. I would rather the little shack and a good sales team than a glitzy facade with nothing behind it.
    Last edited by mazstar1980; 24-01-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mazstar1980 View Post
    I take mine to VW Wangara, I was impressed with customer service there and they were keen to service it no problems at all. They confirmed the oil used was to spec, give you full checklist to VW spec. Shouldn't be any problems with Skoda trying to weasel out of warranty claims and they had an account with my lease company. You might find going to independent service won't have account with lease companies or the fleet manager will only approve factory dealers. PM me if you want details of service rep I had she was very nice. They even checked wheel alignment and didnt make me pay for it as it wasn't needed, gave full print out of measurements.
    Cheers for that info, I will speak to them. they are not far from home for me as well so that would be very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by mazstar1980 View Post
    My car was sold by Nick, I actually found him good very friendly, genuine and not pushy. Offered me a test drive months before I was ready to buy and he knew it - impressed. Usually, sales guys either not interested or completely pushy. I didn't realise e reasons for closing - I agree that the premises was very average but compare their service to Barbagallo sales rep I had and worlds apart. I was ready to buy twice in last 4 years and both times the sales rep turned me right off with lazy, unfriendly and unhelpful service. I would rather the little shack and a good sales team than a glitzy facade with nothing behind it.
    completely agree about Nick, found him a really nice guy. Complete opposite to the experience I had at Barbagello which is one of the many reasons I'm not in a rush to go back there

Perth, Western Australia but born in Buffalo
    Users Country Flag
    I just bought my Octavia RS at barbagallo in osborne park. They were fantastic to deal with. They even added 6 months rego when I asked about the expiry of the rego after I already agreed to buy the car and it was less than 2 months out. Christina and James were great to deal with.

Users Country Flag

Came across these guys by chance the other day - I didn't know there was a new Skoda dealership in Perth.

Skoda Dealers Perth | New & Used Skoda Cars for Sale | Perth City Skoda
    Now gone.... 2012 Skoda Fabia RS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast