Thread: Temperature warning

Users Country Flag

Temperature warning

I had a strange warning today, I had the Temperature alarm go off in my O3, with the needle showing 130°, telling me to pull over and consult the book.
    So, I pulled over, switched off the engine and thumbed through the manual to no avail. Starting the car agin the needle starts high and then works down to the correct 90° and stays there. I can only assume that I'd been stopped on a steep incline earlier and there was a slight airlock, as i have never seen this happen before or since.
    I checked my OBD11 and could not find a fault.
    2012 MY11 Cappuccino Superb Elegance, TDI. (Gone)
    2014 MY14 Race Blue Octavia Ambition Plus wagon, TSI, Tech Pack. (Wife's)
    2014 MY14 Cappuccino Octavia Elegance hatch, TDI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Towbar. (Gone)
    2017 MY18 Lava Blue Superb wagon, 162 TSI, Sunroof, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Cream Leather, Towbar (Mine)

My first thought would be to check if the radiator fans are working. As a rough rule of thumb the check used to be even when cold if you start the engine and turn on the air conditioning the fans should come on. That's the way we used to check in say my 2001 Bora 4mo. Not sure if it still applies. Crook radiator fans is a bit of a VW bugbear so I assume it applies to Skodas as well. I guess the other way to check would be to pull up when the car is at normal operating temperature, leave the engine running, get out and see if the fans are running.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it