Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop Start Issue MKIII RS169

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wingzee View Post
    Well the issue is if I don’t clear the errors in my case, BSM & RCTA wouldn’t work. And the error was something that reads “databus info missing”. I believe despite errors been cleared, OBDeleven or the module does maintain a log?
    that's the point where you should be taking it in. when things don't work and errors are present.

we cant diagnose your car online. it has an issue, let the manufacturer fix it. this is what warranty is for

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Could that be the start-stop system or battery?
    OBDEleven says battery is fine but you are right, it could be the start-stop system. I will speak with my friendly Skoda Service people about it

Quote Originally Posted by zei20t View Post
    that's the point where you should be taking it in. when things don't work and errors are present.

we cant diagnose your car online. it has an issue, let the manufacturer fix it. this is what warranty is for
    Fair point

Users Country Flag

Fair enough - did booked a service slot with dealer but thought since got the OBDeleven handy, why not?
    '17 MY18 Skoda Octavia vRS 169Wagon | Quartz Grey | DSG | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Sunroof | Electric Tailgate
    OBDeleven'ed: High Beam Assist
    | Comfort Blink Cycle x 4 | DRL On/Off | Traffic Message Channel | HVAC Auto Fan Speed Display | HVAC Recirculation Memory | Maxidot: Refuel Amount, Lap Timer| Tailgate Closing via Interior Button| Remote Tailgate Closing | Easy Entry/Exit | Comfort Sunroof Opening | Acoustic Lock/Unlock | Dynamic Brake Lights
    [Retired] 2010 MY09 BMW E90 320d M Sport | 2004 MY04 BMW E46 325i M Sport

Users Country Flag
    OBD11 is a great product, and VERY handy to have in cases like this. but the fact it kept happening means no amount of OBD11 resetting will fix it

Saw on another site that a persons stop start wouldn't activate after they had a dash cam installed. I had a dashcam installed and I know that wherever they have piggybacked their fuse to has the camera in parking mode working intermittently. On searching I have found that the best fuse to piggyback to is fuse 40 for the cigarette lighter. The car is going back in to have the piggyback fuse for the dashcam relocated so I will see if that has some effect on scan error of current too high It's all fun!

Users Country Flag
    OBD11 is a great product, and VERY handy to have in cases like this. but the fact it kept happening means no amount of OBD11 resetting will fix it
    Could be just anther electronic gremlin - experienced with quite a few European-made cars in the past.

Good thing is that’s a one-off and post error clearing none of that pops up anymore so all good now.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by puhleese View Post
    Hi, anyone had this issue. Had the car 3 weeks and twice now I have stopped on a slight incline and stop/start has stopped the engine and when I have taken foot off the brake I start rolling back. I found that the engine has stopped completely and I have to put the car in park and start the car manually. Thankfully it hasn't been a big problem because it has happened whilst entering my driveway/garage. Thought I would post this here in case it is a known issue before I talk to the dealer tomorrow. I did see something about a problem whilst in ECO mode but I am in Normal mode.
    Finally managed to replicate the said issue, TWICE! Only happens when you took the seatbelt off and the start/stop kicked in.

Doesn't happen when I keep my seatbelt on. Tried multiple times in the same garage, same inline.

I guess the car somehow thinks that you will be getting off the car and shut itself down. Another one of "simply clever" feature perhaps?
    '17 MY18 Skoda Octavia vRS 169Wagon | Quartz Grey | DSG | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Sunroof | Electric Tailgate
    OBDeleven'ed: High Beam Assist
    | Comfort Blink Cycle x 4 | DRL On/Off | Traffic Message Channel | HVAC Auto Fan Speed Display | HVAC Recirculation Memory | Maxidot: Refuel Amount, Lap Timer| Tailgate Closing via Interior Button| Remote Tailgate Closing | Easy Entry/Exit | Comfort Sunroof Opening | Acoustic Lock/Unlock | Dynamic Brake Lights
    [Retired] 2010 MY09 BMW E90 320d M Sport | 2004 MY04 BMW E46 325i M Sport

Users Country Flag
    Finally managed to replicate the said issue, TWICE! Only happens when you took the seatbelt off and the start/stop kicked in.

Doesn't happen when I keep my seatbelt on. Tried multiple times in the same garage, same inline.

I guess the car somehow thinks that you will be getting off the car and shut itself down. Another one of "simply clever" feature perhaps?
    It won't let the stop/start restart the engine if the seat belt is off or the door is open.
    2012 Octavia vRS TDI. Darkside big turbo, 3bar tune, other stuff. 200kW/650Nm.
    1990 Mk1 Cabrio. 1.9 IDI w/ 18PSI.
    1985 Mazda T3500 adventuremobile. 1973 Superbug. 1972 Volvo 144 in poo-brown.
    Not including hers...

Tks, I too yesterday figured out that it was caused by disconnecting the seat belt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast