Thread: Skoda Octavia RS Engine and DSG Issues

Users Country Flag

Skoda Octavia RS Engine and DSG Issues

Hey Team,

I Need some help.

I own a 2014 Skoda Octavia RS the 147TSI model and it has done 80,000k's perfect car but in 4 weeks its turned into a real garage queen.

Firstly the Car started running really rough at idle when cold almost as if it is running to lean.
    I took it into the Dealer and they said oh its a computer issue and upgraded the firmware, still no luck doing the same thing.

Took it back and they said yep must be a spark plug issue, ok made sense fouled plugs do that, they replaced them still no luck.

Then on the weekend when driving it all of a sudden started to feel like the clutches were slipping really weird like either the engine was not delivering the required tourqe or the clutches were stuffed, but it seemed at low revs the car would shudder but at higher revs it performed perfectly. i am waiting on a call back from the dealer.

Any ideas or suggestions?, Engine issue or Clutch?

Cheers
    Scott

Could your inlet valves be choked up with carbon deposits?

Users Country Flag
    Might be worth posting your query on briskoda.net as well. Don't know whether anyone can help but there is a wealth of knowledge out there from the other side of the world and they are very helpful.

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like either a coil pack or injector failure...

Hope you can sort it out quickly.

Users Country Flag
    I had a similar issue with an Audi a few years ago. The air temp sensor was failing intermittently making the engine run super rich and killing nearly all the power. To complicate things a coil was not operating at full capacity. It took a while to diagnose and fix. Good luck

Users Country Flag
    My money is on a dodgy ignition coil pack. Very common on the 2.0L turbo engine. Luckily they are both cheap and easy to replace, around $160-180 for a full set and will take you all of 10mins to change.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Sounds like typical coil packs to me as well. Have seen it in Mazdas as well.

Users Country Flag
    Any updates to share Piney?

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Could your inlet valves be choked up with carbon deposits?
    Thats def the cause of the cold start rough idle. My Tig had this about the same amount of kms. Inlet manifold carbon clean and she ran like a dream. My 2012 RS now has the same problem at around 116000kms. It's booked in for an inlet manifold clean soon too.

But that won't alleviate the low revs shudder issue I wouldn't think.